DarkDeviant's sprites/request thread
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

RE: DarkDeviant's sprites/request thread
Combined with next post.

~~The man sat upon the watchtower, but did not watch, only towered.~~

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2016 06:51 AM by DarkDeviant.)
01-02-2016 03:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

Howdy! After a long absence, I was PM'd by EXtremeXPerience and asked to help out with the project they are currently working on, which can be found here. Between school and work, I will probably be taking this slowly. I'll post some of the more challenging work here for you guys to see.

(01-02-2016 03:27 AM)Cyanosis Wrote:  On the Mr. Prog, I think it's left eye (our right) should be doing something. Maybe flickering?
I think it does make sense for it to not be blinking since it's corrupted but being static doesn't seem right either.
This is my Broken Prog avatar, edited with Cyanosis' comment for the right eye to be flickering. Let me know what you think!

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2016 03:39 PM by DarkDeviant.)
05-10-2016 06:48 AM
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

Here's a request from Bonglorio for a tween frame between the two original frames. Let me know what you think!

Here's a request from Smedis2 for an edit of the ending walking animation from Mega Man 2, except edited to be Skull Man. I tried to do a "looking upwards" animation too, but it didn't work out. Let me know what you think!

These are some of the thing I've been working on for EXtremeXPerience. They range from redoing old sprites to recolors, and sometimes downgrading or recreating. All of these are made with the original NES color palette, since I believe that's what he's going for.

This first one is for a MAME-Q (Bulbrite) enemy from from Mega Man X8, downgraded into a Classic-era enemy. Let me know what you think!

This one is for a Met Tractor, an enemy that drives a construction digger across the ground. I tried to stay as close to the original file as I could, but the original was entirely too big and choppy. Let me know what you think!

This one is a request for a "rainbow-colored Devil". I used a grid to make each area a certain base color, then went through and mixed them up a bit. I also laid out the color squares, for when it recombines. Bear in mind, a re-color is what was asked for. Let me know what you think!

This is a request for the Rangda Bangda stage enemy as a Classic-era enemy stage. The request was specifically for "the RangdaBangda enemy from the PSX game", however, there was more than one PSX game with Rangda Bangda in it. I went with the Rangda Bangda W from Mega Man X5. The design was the most interesting to me. I also added a little Star Force reference (designer's prerogative). Let me know what you think!

This was a request for "Dr. Radio Jack" to be redone. The sprite wasn't even close to the size or format it needed to be, and the colors were all over the place. I built a more appropriately-sized one from almost-scratch (I used at least ten different parts from other Robot Masters). I then built a scratch guitar (the original looks like a Les Paul or an SG, but I based my design closer to that of an Explorer). Let me know what you think!

This is a request for Mega Man to ride a Rush Bike, similar to how X rides his Hover Bike, or how a Rider Joe pilots a Marine Bike in Mega Man 5. Rush transforms into a Rush Bike, both with wheels and a hover function, and can transition to either. Let me know what you think!

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2017 03:47 AM by DarkDeviant.)
10-02-2017 09:43 PM
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

*checks back in*
...nineteen-thousand plus views, and only nine are comments that aren't requests...
*sigh*

Criticism, constructive or otherwise, is always welcome. Comments are appreciated. Hell, even requests are nice.

Silence is boring.

This is a request from Azure-Mage for this concept of Solar Man from Mega Man 10. He wanted a full sheet, but I've felt very... unmotivated... recently. Unfortunately, I only made one standing sprite, but I hope it's a good base to start from for him. Let me know what you think.

This is a request from LeagueofDevack for Mercy from Overwatch in Classic 8-bit style (basic stance only). I think it turned out pretty nice! Let me know what you think!

(This post was last modified: 22-03-2017 12:07 PM by DarkDeviant.)
22-03-2017 10:07 AM
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

Well, I've been busy looking for a new job, so I haven't been on in a while. Having said that, I just did a simple request. This was requested by MetalBallade315 for Metal Ballade, which is just a palette-swapped Metal Man. As always, let me know what you think.

19-05-2017 04:48 AM