My Robo Master Roster (need feedback)
Crazy_Hand Offline
Regular
Registered

Threads: 2
RE: My Robo Master Roster (need feedback)
(08-05-2018, 09:54 PM)N-Mario Wrote: Well if you wanted a game out of it, you would need to learn and do research on video game programming,

Lot of people apparently use Game Maker Studio. But I use Clickteam Fusion for my games. There's also things like Stencyl, JumpCraft, and Construct. Art design, and game programming takes time to build. Sometimes even 2 - 5 years for a decent game.  Just need practice, and learn how to do it all.

That's no problem for me, I've programmed my own games before, but it tended to involve either demaking graphics, or having my own style.  Trying to emulate another style is apparently not something I'm good at.
09-05-2018, 12:20 PM
Find Reply
Crazy_Hand Offline
Regular
Registered

Alright, I'm trying to take another crack at this, because I really, REALLY want to make my own Mega Man Game. I've redone two so far:

Joke Man (no longer intentionally off-model)

[Image: RXJcdlT.png]

And Metro Woman (GB Roll Sprite Edit)

[Image: F9Iy7Hm.png]

Do THESE work? Are they at least better?
16-05-2018, 09:52 PM
Find Reply
Kelvin Offline
Pixel Mercenary
Registered

Threads: 0
Joke Man's legs connect weird to his body. It makes him look like he's wearing a box. Also, his design doesn't really say "joke" to me. Robot masters are typically very transparently designed.

Maybe take the Joker as an example. He's got a clown face, he's dressed like a showman, and he always has a huge smile in some form or another. It's easy to see just by looking at him why he'd be called the Joker.

As for Roll, it's nice to see her in something other than a dress, but is she wearing a wrap around her face? Like a ninja or something? That's just what it looks like to me.
22-05-2018, 08:33 PM
Website Find Reply
Crazy_Hand Offline
Regular
Registered

(22-05-2018, 08:33 PM)Kelvin Wrote: Joke Man's legs connect weird to his body. It makes him look like he's wearing a box. Also, his design doesn't really say "joke" to me. Robot masters are typically very transparently designed.

Maybe take the Joker as an example. He's got a clown face, he's dressed like a showman, and he always has a huge smile in some form or another. It's easy to see just by looking at him why he'd be called the Joker.

As for Roll, it's nice to see her in something other than a dress, but is she wearing a wrap around her face? Like a ninja or something? That's just what it looks like to me.

Yeah, I roughly modeled Joke Man after an internet smiley, guess it didn't do the trick, but I don't wanna make him "the joker, but Mega Man", what would a better idea be?

At least Metro Woman works, so that's ONE down.
(This post was last modified: 22-05-2018, 09:00 PM by Crazy_Hand.)
22-05-2018, 09:00 PM
Find Reply