[Fan Game] Mega Maker
ApselTheBlue Offline
Regular
Registered

RE: Mega Maker
Ok, I've tried it out, annd I like it! I didn't run into any issues since it was a small test run, but I definitely see the potential this has to be a HUGE thing in the Mega Man community. Mega Maker Level competitions, maybe some sort of "Add your own Enemies" Option even though i'm sure that's a long shot. (Pun intended). Anyway, I really appreciate the effort and I think it's headed in the right direction. Now I'll patiently wait for someone to announce a Mega Man X Maker.
15-07-2017 05:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
N-Mario Offline
Video Game Veteran
Registered

Rimmer Award
Another thing I noticed. During the level tutorial, there seems to be 2 instances of Wily's talking frame where he has his left hand out, with a slight right arm pixel shading difference. Others may not notice this, but I do notice it.

Since when getting hit by an enemy at the side of a screen transition backwards? Seems like a design flaw when fighting the enemy robot, as it would respawn, though I can't recall any official Mega Man game where that occurred to me.

Also, I wouldn't mind a quick level's title screen skip button. Smile

Would be nice to have all the Dr.W, Dr.L, Dr.C, Mr.X logos on level to use instead of temporary background elements for when you reach the boss rooms.

EDIT: Not sure if this is a feature, glitch, or a hack, but I found some levels (while watching streamers) that contain 2 robot master bosses on the same screen. I can't seem to replicate that in the editor.

[Image: dolphin-turn.gif]
Are you MAN enough
to go for a ride?
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2017 09:48 PM by N-Mario.)
15-07-2017 06:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Smedis2 Offline
Are video games real?
Registered

Reggae AwardAuto Award
[Image: 0c2de23d5fcb5e5819dd07b22ea3355b.png]

CHECK OUT STUFF I MAKE OVER AT
[Image: d03b37145145880c6532998fa3a49c20.png]
Here's my TWITTER
15-07-2017 10:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NickZepp03 Offline
Registered

It's very bare currently but I really like it so far. It appears to be getting more options soon and it'll absolutely be a great game when those options become available.
15-07-2017 10:17 PM
N-Mario Offline
Video Game Veteran
Registered

Rimmer Award
(15-07-2017 10:11 PM)Smedis2 Wrote:  https://i.gyazo.com/0c2de23d5fcb5e5819dd...a3355b.png

We could do a Level sharing topic for things like this! Smile

Another thing I would not mind having in this game is the title of the level appearing on the pause menu screen. Sort of like Super Mario Maker, so I don't forget what level I was playing while in the middle of it.

Are you MAN enough
to go for a ride?
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2017 10:48 PM by N-Mario.)
15-07-2017 10:47 PM
IcyTower Offline
Registered

(15-07-2017 10:47 PM)N-Mario Wrote:  
(15-07-2017 10:11 PM)Smedis2 Wrote:  https://i.gyazo.com/0c2de23d5fcb5e5819dd...a3355b.png

Another thing I would not mind having in this game is the title of the level appearing on the pause menu screen. Sort of like Super Mario Maker, so I don't forget what level I was playing while in the middle of it.

https://mega-maker.com/forum/viewforum.p...1d2d714e96 Look at this Tongue
15-07-2017 11:40 PM
N-Mario Offline
Video Game Veteran
Registered

Rimmer Award
(15-07-2017 11:40 PM)IcyTower Wrote:  
(15-07-2017 10:47 PM)N-Mario Wrote:  

https://mega-maker.com/forum/viewforum.p...1d2d714e96 Look at this Tongue

But can we have one for THIS board? Or are we forced to use their own board?

EDIT: Found a Bug:
if you place a door on the other side edge of the screen (from left to right), and you run from the left screen to the right where the door is on the next screen, the door transition goes wonky.

Are you MAN enough
to go for a ride?
(This post was last modified: 16-07-2017 02:52 AM by N-Mario.)
16-07-2017 12:13 AM
gone-sovereign Offline
Regular
Registered

Blame it on my shitty laptop, but some levels lag badly on my end and it makes the game almost unplayable. Based on my experience with MaGMML2 I'd just assumed that I was automatically going to have issues with this, but based on what I've seen so far, I gather that I'm not the only one with this problem and there are some set pieces that chug performance. This game could really use an optimization update.

I'm impressed though. The attention this game has received within only a week of it being announced has been crazy, I don't think any other Mega Man fan game ever got this much hype. Here's hoping it lives up to the hype, and the bugs can be worked out along the way. Wink

"You have to understand that people aren't just people -- they're a collection of the choices they have made."
- Peckinpah, House of Gold & Bones Part 3: The Answers
-----------------
DeviantArt
Tumblr
(This post was last modified: 16-07-2017 03:49 AM by gone-sovereign.)
16-07-2017 03:46 AM
maskedbyte Offline
Regular
Registered

(15-07-2017 05:54 PM)ApselTheBlue Wrote:  Ok, I've tried it out, annd I like it! I didn't run into any issues since it was a small test run, but I definitely see the potential this has to be a HUGE thing in the Mega Man community. Mega Maker Level competitions, maybe some sort of "Add your own Enemies" Option even though i'm sure that's a long shot. (Pun intended). Anyway, I really appreciate the effort and I think it's headed in the right direction. Now I'll patiently wait for someone to announce a Mega Man X Maker.

Cough http://sprites-inc.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1786 Cough Wink

[Image: SgZehRu.png]
17-07-2017 11:57 PM
ApselTheBlue Offline
Regular
Registered

oh your not dead. good
18-07-2017 03:09 AM
HDNua Offline
Regular
Registered

Super Great! Smile
23-07-2017 08:35 AM
spacorn Offline
Registered

(16-07-2017 12:13 AM)N-Mario Wrote:  But can we have one for THIS board? Or are we forced to use their own board?
I would love an actual good level recommendations thread, and this seems to be a good place considering how much critique has been done on Mega Man fangames Tongue

Every single "level showcase" thread I've found elsewhere ends up being a whole lot of "pls try my level" and not much of actual selection.

It's the one thing that's kept me from playing Mega Maker more, having to weed out dozens bad and short levels for every fun and challenging one. Gets worse isnce there isn't many robot masters available yet, you can only fight Stone Man and Pharoah Man so much before it gets old Tongue
31-07-2017 05:09 PM
WreckingPrograms Offline
Programmer I guess
Registered

Rush Award
We're currently working on version 1.1, which will have an improved builder interface, among other things. This interface, aside from simply looking cleaner, will also make level creation quite a bit faster.
Here's a preview screenshot:
[Image: iwmIwPZ.png]

Of course, this update will add more than just a new interface, but we can't reveal everything yet :)
02-09-2017 01:01 PM
ApselTheBlue Offline
Regular
Registered

Nice
04-09-2017 01:10 AM