Further Graphics that need updating.
ACESpark Offline
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
Administrators

Tetris AwardSpike AwardRockman AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorSmash AwardAce Award
Further Graphics that need updating.
There are further graphics that need replacing for Revolution. I'm opening it up for the community again. Stages not listed here already have updated tilesets or are being replaced and reworked by myself.

Tilesets:
Haste Man Tileset:
[Image: YrcAV5t.png]
In game Look: http://imgur.com/wg4PfqA

As you can see, there isn't much variety to the foreground tileset, which matches that of Quick Man, but still doesn't look very good. Something about this tileset has been bugging me for a while, so its possible the level itself will need retiling. I'm prepared to do that, although it'll take a while, seeing how this is basically two stages in one.

Saw Man's Saw's:
[Image: bDJY7oe.png]

Yeah these kinda look bad right now. I think the rest of Saw Man's tileset works fine, with the edits I've made over the year, so it should be alright.

These have been replaced by Lamda.

Wily Castle: Castle Cistern:
[Image: HFpa8Fh.png]
In-Game Look: http://imgur.com/YXqpkia
Well tiled stage, and actually has a fair amount of variety so it didn't look boring.
What it does look like is really... out of style for a Mega Man stage. I know it's a cistern, but it does look out of place, especially compared to many of the retiled stages that surround it. Due to how the level works, altering the background won't be very possible, so I'm just looking for foreground work. I can touch up the background further later. For this I'm looking for a 1-to-1 swap. Am open to a new colour scheme for this. (Other colour schemes in the castle were grey/orange, pink, blue/green, purple/mauve and grey/blue.)

Sondebar Base: Evil Energy Depot: - Claimed by MiniMacro
[Image: I3rtFpg.png]
In-Game Look: http://imgur.com/2W8wow1
This is one of those stages wherein I don't think the level is all that salvageable. So a completely new tileset is needed, with maybe elements of the old one, and we're going to be remaking this stage from scratch. The original tileset is also hilariously small, so I am asking for more tiles to work with.

The Final Stage: Alien Cavern
The final stage needs a complete overhaul in graphics. It is another stage that is being rebuilt from scratch. Here are the originals, for reference.

[Image: tileset_by_ace_spark-dbb3cp4.png]
The stage as it is currently.

What the final stage is, is a cavern utterly corrupted with alien technology and by the evil energy.
I'm looking for something still similar, but looking more polished, and having a biomechnical bent (as in, still H.R Giger inspired, but with metallic objects built into the stage.). I'd also like there to be evil energy canisters. Take a look at Contra's final stages, but more Mega Man-y.

I'll be updating the thread as I find more graphics I feel need updating. If you want to claim a stage, claim it in the thread.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 07:16 AM by ACESpark.)
31-05-2017 04:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ACESpark Offline
Administrators

Tetris AwardSpike AwardRockman AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorSmash AwardAce Award
RE: Further Graphics that need updating.
Enemies and Bosses:
Further Enemies that need Updating/Redoing:

Mechnahand - Claimed by Lamda
[Image: 6vwfWBO.png]

I'm looking to redo this boss completely, but I like the *idea* behind it, so it's remaining a Mechanical Hand, of sorts. I'm planning on boosting its attack variation, and have these poses in mind, (taking sprites from Kirby, because they get my idea across)
[Image: GQ6yxv0.png]

The boss involves it carrying and releasing blocks (first two poses), as before, it destroying the floor like before (third pose), but with the addition of a gun attack ala Master Hand (fourth pose), and a poke attack (fifth pose).

Big Slammer - Claimed by Clownman
[Image: Y0zqydA.png]

Big Slammer needs a redraw. His battle is fine, if a little hard, but the sprite is awkward.

Punch Boy
[Image: 5IKfuOd.png]
Something about the body of the boss looks off, and I can't put my finger on it, and the treads don't look right either, so I'm adding Punch Boy to the list of graphics that need updating. The screen needs to remain the same size, and it'd be best if the anchor points for the hands (the holes) remain the same.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 07:17 AM by ACESpark.)
31-05-2017 06:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lamda Offline
Ace of Spades
Registered

Roll Caskett AwardTempo AwardRubber Mega Man AwardChiptune AwardPixel Master AwardAce AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorC^2 Super Moderator AwardIris AwardDoc Robot Award
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: FcLy5dx.gif]

Quote:Game making in 6 steps:
1: Get assets and program
2: Smash the two together until stuff happens
3: Beat your face into your keyboard when stuff breaks/doesn't want to work
4: Continue beating your face into your keyboard until you've smashed the right code
5: Rejoice that it works and move on to the next thing
6: Go back to Step 2 and repeat
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2017 07:50 PM by Lamda.)
31-05-2017 07:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ACESpark Offline
Administrators

The final stage needs a complete overhaul in graphics. It is another stage that is being rebuilt from scratch. Here are the originals, for reference.

[Image: tileset_by_ace_spark-dbb3cp4.png]
The stage as it is currently.

What the final stage is, is a cavern utterly corrupted with alien technology and by the evil energy.
I'm looking for something still similar, but looking more polished, and having a biomechnical bent (as in, still H.R Giger inspired, but with metallic objects built into the stage.). I'd also like there to be evil energy canisters. Take a look at Contra's final stages, but more Mega Man-y.

31-05-2017 08:56 PM
DWN-060 Clownman Online
Τὸ Μεγα Θηρίον
Super Moderators

I'll do might try Big Slammer. but I need to see the original in action to get a better understanding of what it does. Also does it need to be the same size?
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 05:56 AM by DWN-060 Clownman.)
01-06-2017 04:56 AM
ACESpark Offline
Administrators

(01-06-2017 04:56 AM)DWN-060 Clownman Wrote:  I'll do might try Big Slammer. but I need to see the original in action to get a better understanding of what it does. Also does it need to be the same size?
Currently, the boss does this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvXvQQ3x...e=youtu.be
01-06-2017 06:32 AM
DWN-060 Clownman Online
Τὸ Μεγα Θηρίον
Super Moderators

Where do the bottom sprites come into play?
01-06-2017 06:49 AM
ACESpark Offline
Administrators

This should probably be made more obvious, but during the chase sequence, Slammer is immune to damage and the core is closed, during the battle, the core is open and he can take damage. It's currently too subtle for its own good.

Added Punch Boy to the enemies.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 07:17 AM by ACESpark.)
01-06-2017 06:55 AM
DWN-060 Clownman Online
Τὸ Μεγα Θηρίον
Super Moderators

Keep it within the 8 sprites then?
01-06-2017 07:18 AM
ACESpark Offline
Administrators

Not necessary. It can use more frames like Gaton Me did. It's a little weirdly animated at the moment.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 07:19 AM by ACESpark.)
01-06-2017 07:18 AM
Linzodakatz Offline
Pastman Pot
Registered

I am gonna miss the Evil Energy Depot's floor(if you decide to take it out that is),but it's for the best I suppose

Licensed Game=Cash In

Well, most of the time anywho

-Linzo
01-06-2017 12:31 PM
ACESpark Offline
Administrators

A lot of people rather liked that part, so I'm going to keep the floor somewhere in the stage. It's just we are redoing the stage from scratch.

01-06-2017 02:16 PM
Jexulus Offline
Still Here
Registered

(01-06-2017 02:16 PM)ACESpark Wrote:  A lot of people rather liked that part, so I'm going to keep the floor somewhere in the stage. It's just we are redoing the stage from scratch.

A concern I have is that the game would crash on this level without fail, but only on one of the display settings. I can't remember if it was the 256 color mode or the other one, but I think it has something to do with that weird floor.

I just wanted to bring that up to make sure it wasn't left unsaid.

[Image: sig.gif]
02-06-2017 01:40 AM
MiniMacro Offline
Quack !
Registered

I'm not entirely finished, but I'll post what I have of Sondebar 4's tileset.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

wow this is total BS
02-06-2017 02:01 AM
DWN-060 Clownman Online
Τὸ Μεγα Θηρίον
Super Moderators

[Image: eojkcw7.png]

Not my best work but at least you call tell what it is supposed to do.

And it sorta looks like Digdogger from Zelda.

Also that purple eye piece is just for layering help with the pupil aka core.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2017 06:22 PM by DWN-060 Clownman.)
03-06-2017 06:20 PM
ACESpark Offline
Administrators

It's certainly a interesting design! But a little basic, I've tried making a few minor changes to him to help spruce it up a bit.
[Image: 9HS3q8t.png]

I think this works. Cheers.

03-06-2017 07:46 PM
DWN-060 Clownman Online
Τὸ Μεγα Θηρίον
Super Moderators

If you have that "it leaks weapon energy" in the wiki still, we can just say it cries it instead.
03-06-2017 08:32 PM
DWN-060 Clownman Online
Τὸ Μεγα Θηρίον
Super Moderators

I wanted to wait until I had an idea what to do with Haste Man's stage and here is what I have come up with so far.

[Image: WUKTYGw.png]

In case it wasn't obvious, I'm claiming it.

Updated sheet again. This is gonna be the final version I submit, ran out of ideas.
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2017 12:32 PM by DWN-060 Clownman.)
18-06-2017 11:16 PM