Thread Closed 
do any of you fan game creators take requests?
rockrollbluesfortetreble Offline
Registered

do any of you fan game creators take requests?
If any fan game creators see this massage, I want you to know that i desperately seek someone who can bring my idea to life. It may be ambitious, But i know that many people would love it. it would be a fan game called Mega Man tribute. it would be a tribute to the blue bomber and his legacy. It would have Mega Man, Protoman, Bass & Playable characters from Mega Man fan games. It would have robot masters and similar bosses from Mega Man 1-9 and a lot of fan games. It will have a shop, easy, medium and hard difficulties.

If any fan game creator sees this, contact me and we could see if things could work out. Ok. See ya!

MOD EDIT: Merged three topics into one topic, it was a bit cluttered otherwise. Also moved from Game Ideas to here since this is a better place for it.
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2017 11:58 PM by Blackmore Darkwing.)
17-03-2017 03:19 AM
Find all posts by this user
Yozzaxia1311 Offline
Programmer.
Registered

RE: do any of you fan game creators take requests?
Can you give more detail about this? (Robot masters, story, ect.)
17-03-2017 05:10 AM
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

There are many games that come close to your expectations. Honestly there is nothing special or original about your idea. Play pretty much any Mega Man fangame and you'll see how they come fairly close to what you appear to expect.
17-03-2017 05:13 AM
MrKyurem Offline
No artificial colourings!
Registered

Revo Remix ContributorBooblight Award
(17-03-2017 03:19 AM)rockrollbluesfortetreble Wrote:  If any fan game creators see this massage, I want you to know that i desperately seek someone who can bring my idea to life. It may be ambitious, But i know that many people would love it. it would be a fan game called Mega Man tribute. it would be a tribute to the blue bomber and his legacy. It would have Mega Man, Protoman, Bass & Playable characters from Mega Man fan games. It would have robot masters and similar bosses from Mega Man 1-9 and a lot of fan games. It will have a shop, easy, medium and hard difficulties.

If any fan game creator sees this, contact me and we could see if things could work out. Ok. See ya!

You are the ideas guy in this theoretical fangame team, correct?

Everybody has ideas. There is no place in a team for an "ideas guy." Provide something useful to a development team, then try again.

[Image: AoB1VA5.png]
17-03-2017 12:49 PM
Blackmore Darkwing Offline
Fanthulhu
Super Moderators

Revo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorTetris AwardRoll Caskett AwardBeat AwardQuill Award
Personal Feedback

I'm going to be honest. No successful fangame creator is going to accept this proposal of yours. Everything I can gather about your idea here suggests a scope far beyond what many of us can or will create in our free time.

Speaking from experience, level design is hard. Designing a level that works well with one character is tricky but doable. Designing a level that works well with two distinct characters is much harder. Designing a level that works with three is much much harder. And so on and so forth.

Off the top of my head, I can name about 10 different playable characters from official games, fangames, and fangame-like properties without having to dip into the 8 extra playables from Mega Man Rock Force. Couple that with the numerous Robot Masters that exist, and you've got a project that's far too big for its own good.

As an additional point, MrKyurem is right. Idea guys are a dime a dozen. Everyone is capable of coming up with ideas if they apply themselves, and given enough people in a brainstorming session it's not hard to generate something that's both creative and realistic. If all you have to contribute to a team is ideas, then you really don't have enough experience to be pulling off this project.

Moderator Action

In regards to the general concept of this thread, asking for help in the way you've done is against the subforum rules. I'm going to quote the rules blurb at the top of the Game Ideas subforum, bolding the important bits for emphasis.

Rules Blurb Wrote:This still isn't a place to post a thread that says little more than "I have an idea for a game! I need spriters and programmers and musicians and a story". Unlike other forums, it will be acceptable to petition help here before you have actual work completed. However, prior to doing this, it's necessary to thoroughly do the following:

1. Think out and refine your concept the most you can on your own. If your thread is obviously half-assed, it will be locked. That's all there is to it. Basically, don't post anything stupid.

2. Don't post a generic idea. What do I mean by generic? If a carbon copy of your thread can be found that was posted a month ago, you're probably not being as creative as you could be.

3. Make a descriptive thread title. Self explanatory. I should be able to read your topic title and have some idea of what it's about. This is a general rule of the forum, but I feel it bears restating. I should also be able to tell just from looking at the title a general idea as to what your game may be.

Generically, you might put one of the following in front of your thread title:

[Original Game]
[Fan Game]
[Remake/Mod]
etc
[You don't need to confine your titles to whatever words I happened to have thought of in 24 seconds or strictly use brackets or all capital letters because I did, use some common sense people]

4. Accept criticisms and work to refine your initial concept. This is basically the whole point of the section. This can be really extensive for, say, a fan-game, because concise and well thought out gameplay concepts and details are pretty much the difference between a quality game and a shite one. The core purpose of this is to sell your idea to the community. You want to make your game worth those who are willing to invest their time to help you see your idea come to life.

If you try to ask for help with sprites/programming/etc before doing this, you will be denied.

What you have posted is a thread that is just "I have an idea for a game! I need spriters and programmers and musicians and a story". As stated we don't accept these threads, a failure to flesh out your concept ahead of time will result in it being denied.

If you want this thread re-opened, flesh out your concept, and then send one of the INC staff a PM.
17-03-2017 01:22 PM
Registered

i would like to know something...
Can the ideas guy be the director of a fan game too?
17-03-2017 07:17 PM
Yozzaxia1311 Offline
Programmer.
Registered

RE: i would like to know something...
Jesus Christ...

I don't think this post was necessary.

I am Mega Man the robot master, born to serve and protect the dark lord, Black Doom. With my new weapons, this world will become the dark empire. This is who I am! *Laughes*
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2017 07:54 PM by Yozzaxia1311.)
17-03-2017 07:52 PM
Registered

(17-03-2017 07:52 PM)Yozzaxia1311 Wrote:  Jesus Christ...

what do you mean?
17-03-2017 07:55 PM
Yozzaxia1311 Offline
Programmer.
Registered

(17-03-2017 07:55 PM)rockrollbluesfortetreble Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 07:52 PM)Yozzaxia1311 Wrote:  Jesus Christ...

what do you mean?

Here's an answer from your previous thread:
Quote:Everybody has ideas. There is no place in a team for an "ideas guy." Provide something useful to a development team, then try again.

You have to do more than direct.

I am Mega Man the robot master, born to serve and protect the dark lord, Black Doom. With my new weapons, this world will become the dark empire. This is who I am! *Laughes*
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2017 08:06 PM by Yozzaxia1311.)
17-03-2017 08:03 PM
ACESpark Online
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
Administrators

Tetris AwardSpike AwardRockman AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorSmash AwardAce Award
[Image: nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.jpg]

Yozzaxia summed this up well enough, topic closed.

17-03-2017 08:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Registered

I DON'TWANNA BE THE IDEAS GUY ANYMORE...
BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT I CAN DO. SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!

i'm gonna end up blocked. i'm sorry for being a nuisance.
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2017 08:11 PM by rockrollbluesfortetreble.)
17-03-2017 08:10 PM
Threxx Offline
Postman
Registered

Wedge AwardChiptune AwardRevo Remix Contributor
RE: I DON'TWANNA BE THE IDEAS GUY ANYMORE...
(17-03-2017 08:10 PM)rockrollbluesfortetreble Wrote:  BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT I CAN DO. SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!

i'm gonna end up blocked. i'm sorry for being a nuisance.

Game design is nothing but ideas and yet is an important aspect of a project.

Nonetheless, someone who simply approves or disapproves of the work of others is in no way fit to lead a project.
17-03-2017 08:16 PM
Eureka Drama X Offline
GRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIB
Registered

Exclamation

[Image: 76561198194018803.png]
17-03-2017 08:20 PM
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

(17-03-2017 08:10 PM)rockrollbluesfortetreble Wrote:  I DON'T KNOW WHAT I CAN DO

Well, you can start by making better threads on this forum.
17-03-2017 08:28 PM
Registered

Would a story be enough to save my project?
17-03-2017 08:31 PM
Blackmore Darkwing Offline
Fanthulhu
Super Moderators

Revo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorTetris AwardRoll Caskett AwardBeat AwardQuill Award
The leaders/management of fangame development teams are often times also the lead programmers of the project. If you want people to work with you, you'll need to show that you can provide resources that are similarly important. If people don't think your game can become a reality, they will not join your game.

Now, I'm locking this. Please remember to read the rules before making another post.
17-03-2017 08:36 PM
Thread Closed