MaGMML2 - Rules + Discussion. JUDGING BEGINS, LEVELS BEING ACCEPTED W/ LATE PENALTIES
ACESpark Online
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
Administrators

Tetris AwardSpike AwardRockman AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorSmash AwardAce Award
RE: MaGMML2 - Rules + Discussion. JUDGING BEGINS, LEVELS BEING ACCEPTED W/ LATE PENALTIES
Before anyone asks, Red on the Submission Tracker means a level has been disqualified. To this point only one level has been disqualified based on health grounds, because one of the judges was unable to complete the stage before it made him physically ill, due to the primary gimmick involved. Which was me, unfortunately.

In the interests of fairness to everyone else who entered, the submitter is not being allowed to modify the level, nor is an alternative review being processed, it's just outright being disqualified. It's going into the final game as a standalone level with a very big health warning attached, and you will not be allowed to even play said level before that warning is read.

(This post was last modified: 23-02-2017 08:15 PM by ACESpark.)
23-02-2017 07:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Mega Fan 19XX Online
i'm mega bored
Registered

RE: MaGMML2 - Rules + Discussion. JUDGING BEGINS, LEVELS BEING ACCEPTED W/ LATE PENALTIES
Don't tell me it was because of epilepsy, isn't it?

The only level who had a bit of it was "hard to see land" from the first MaGMML (the last rooms of that level had bright colors, which can hurt someone's eyes), but this... i have no words.
If that's the case with this level then i don't know what the creator of that level was thinking, if it's not the case then i don't know.

But in any case, i hope you're feeling better right now in there, let's hope the other levels from this contest doesn't make you physically ill.
(This post was last modified: 23-02-2017 09:09 PM by The Mega Fan 19XX.)
23-02-2017 08:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Beed28 Offline
Regular
Registered

RE: MaGMML2 - Rules + Discussion.
I'm just going to leave this out here, since the level can no longer be 'leaked', so to speak.

The entire level involves the screen bouncing at periodic rates. Originally, it was much, much worse when the level was in development, with it constantly bouncing nonstop with strong varying intensities, but when I first posted it to #level-showcase on the Discord server, several people complained about how it made them nauseous. I then changed it to how it is now and reposted it, but little people commented on the level, other than the fact to point out the disappearing item glitch (which has also plagued other levels). I also sent the level to Flashman85 for testing, and he thought the changed bouncing was fine, so I fixed a few minor level design issues he pointed out, and then decided to submit.

I'm sorry about this, ACESpark, but at the same time I'm so glad you didn't see what the initial bouncing was like before it was changed to what it was now. That would have been a real disaster.
23-02-2017 09:37 PM
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
MaGMML2
Bummer. I adjusted to the bouncing pretty quickly, and I only experienced mild fatigue, rather than nausea, after testing the level for longer than the average player would spend on it. I wasn't even thinking about motion-sensitive players; I was focused more on the improvement from the initial, constantly bouncing version. I'm glad the level will still be included, but I think it's the right decision to make it fully optional with a disclaimer.

No matter where you go, there you are.
23-02-2017 10:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mabskmk Offline
Registered

What green-weak means? MM - Ill
(This post was last modified: 24-02-2017 05:17 AM by mabskmk.)
24-02-2017 05:16 AM
ACESpark Online
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
Administrators

Tetris AwardSpike AwardRockman AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorSmash AwardAce Award
Light Green : Played by judge but not scored.
Green : Level has been scored and judged.
Red : This judge found cause for this level to be disqualified.

24-02-2017 09:02 AM
ParmaJon Offline
Regular
Registered

(23-02-2017 08:32 PM)The Mega Fan 19XX Wrote:  Don't tell me it was because of epilepsy, isn't it?

The only level who had a bit of it was "hard to see land" from the first MaGMML (the last rooms of that level had bright colors, which can hurt someone's eyes), but this... i have no words.
If that's the case with this level then i don't know what the creator of that level was thinking, if it's not the case then i don't know.

But in any case, i hope you're feeling better right now in there, let's hope the other levels from this contest doesn't make you physically ill.

God, so much of that level just feels like a huge regret...it was just a dumb joke i threw in at the end
26-02-2017 04:30 AM