Valo's gonna draw sometimes.
Valo Offline
Nooblet Tour guide
Registered

Iris AwardDeadchat AwardRush AwardUDON AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorZero AwardInafune AwardRubber Mega Man AwardPixel Master Award
RE: Valo's gonna draw sometimes.
[Image: new_canvas_by_neoman95-db8kx9q.png]

More character work for fangames, this time for mmConfusedD

http://sprites-inc.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1350

[Image: RF8iZPq.png]
08-05-2017 10:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Valo Offline
Nooblet Tour guide
Registered

Iris AwardDeadchat AwardRush AwardUDON AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorZero AwardInafune AwardRubber Mega Man AwardPixel Master Award
[Image: melonman_by_neoman95-db9x0qn.png]

The official art for melon man is coming along! Im still not happy with a few areas yet so I didnt get it colored tonight. I think i might shrink his head a bit, and i really don't like how the knee on our left is jointed up. But it should be a simple fix in the morning when I'm not struggling to stay awake enough to hold the pen.

21-05-2017 06:48 AM
Valo Offline
Nooblet Tour guide
Registered

[Image: flurryman_by_neoman95-dbag39c.png]

Ok so. I had a design accepted into a fan game, Megaman SD. This design, Tundra Man, I felt didn't properly convey the tone I wanted him to, which is a given since his design is years old now. I wanted a cute and fun type robot and the tundra design sorta...straddled the line between cute and serious I suppose? To remedy this I emphasized hos snowman like body more, changing it from a chest armor to just being his torso. To add to this I then fattened his face up and gave him the "bug eye" variant of robot master eyes to help take the edge off the old face and tie it into his new body type. A new color palette was proposed by another member on the team, and i think it really helps him pop much better than the old one and keeps him just colorful enough to have a fun edge to him without going over board. It was suggested his name be changed to Flurry rather than Tundra because it doesnt carry quite the same menacing bite.

What do you think?

26-05-2017 02:29 AM
Wave Offline
Resident holy man of Uluru
Registered

Rhythm Co-Admin Award
I think you achieved your goals for the redesign. The magenta-y colour works well too. And I would say "Flurry" is an appropriate name.

I'm curious about the arms. Were you going for a Clown Man vibe? Does he have extendo-arms attacks or was it just to look different?

m8
26-05-2017 05:05 AM
Valo Offline
Nooblet Tour guide
Registered

(26-05-2017 05:05 AM)Wave Wrote:  I think you achieved your goals for the redesign. The magenta-y colour works well too. And I would say "Flurry" is an appropriate name.

I'm curious about the arms. Were you going for a Clown Man vibe? Does he have extendo-arms attacks or was it just to look different?

A bit of all 3. The arms were chosen to evoke stick arms of snowmen, but to also allow greater emphasis on his hands. His main purpose is scooping snow to make snow balls, so we need his hands to be very clear and the thinner arms make his animations easier to exaggerate.

26-05-2017 10:39 AM
Wave Offline
Resident holy man of Uluru
Registered

Rhythm Co-Admin Award
That makes sense. I can see how the thin arms help to emphasise the hands.

m8
27-05-2017 09:15 AM
Valo Offline
Nooblet Tour guide
Registered

[Image: shadetest_by_neoman95-dbcv6os.png]

Wanted to test a new shading style, but I didn't want to waste the effort making a new sketch just to shade something. Decided to ink over an old v00 sketch, very quickly at that hence the general rough and shaky shaping and lining. Anyway, i think this style can be refined into something pretty nice.

16-06-2017 04:16 AM
Valo Offline
Nooblet Tour guide
Registered

[Image: sonic_doodle_by_neoman95-dbd7m67.png]

Just a doodle to try to get back in shape after doing nothing but inafune style for a loooong time

19-06-2017 03:29 AM