SIBRE Engine "College Build" 2 - Release and Download
ACESpark Offline
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
Administrators

Threads: 195
SIBRE Engine "College Build" 2 - Release and Download
Download:
Get it here.

Unlike the previous build, this one has more of a stage to it than the previous build (although still not very long), features a buffed up Ordnance Man, and other things.

This is basically what i'm intending to submit as my assignment, (and I figured an actual level would be better to submit than just bosses, which is why Ordnance Man now has a stage.) so any bug testing and suggestions are appreciated greatly.

[Image: screenshot1.png][Image: screenshot2.png][Image: screenshot3.png]

Features of this build:

* Ordnance Man as a test boss.
* Two enemy types.
* Stage Gimmicks
* 4 test weapons.
* Items, and Tanks
* 3 Difficulty Options for the boss and stage.

As an aside, just because Ordnance Man now has a level for this build, doesn't mean the other SIBRE bosses will be getting any, special circumstances have led to this, and out of all the SIBRE bosses, Ordnance, who was first place in the submissions, seemed like the logical choice. What, if anything, I do with the level past this assignment... we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. In the mean time, enjoy it, and thanks in advance for the testing!

22-03-2016, 12:06 PM
Website Find Reply
DarkSamus993 Offline
Keeper of the Archives
SIBRE Alpha Testers

Threads: 5
RE: SIBRE Engine "College Build" 2 - Release and Download
SIBRE Engine "College Build" 2 (v23)

1) You can get Mega Man to moon-walking when you use the last of H. Dash's weapon energy and then try to move in the opposite direction. Fixed, I think - ACE
[Image: Vr0m6ru.gif]
[Image: RCx0zMa.gif]

2) A graphical glitch occurs when you quick-switch with the weapon icon is over a missile.Fixed - ACE
[Image: T1HQRpW.gif]

3) There are 3 different outcomes if you get pinched between a missile and a wall: you clip and are pushed upwards, you clip and are pushed forwards (the rarest result), or you just die. Fixed - ACE
[Image: iq7QRuT.gif]
[Image: T4i08K6.gif]

4) If you use Q. Axer and try to immediately slide afterwards, there is a delay.
[Image: qQznyFy.gif]

5) Item drops fall unusually slow.
[Image: m65lzzg.gif]
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2016, 08:26 PM by ACESpark.)
22-03-2016, 04:44 PM
Website Find Reply
DamonaSchnider Offline
Mega Ma'am
Registered

Threads: 20
Found a bit of a strange bug when using an xbox controller.
Holding down or up while trying to move left and right freezes Megaman's animation on his stepping frame.
It definitely seems to be a controller based issue as I can't seem to replicated it with my keyboard.
The only way to fix it is to walk off an edge, jump, or slide out of it. The buster still works while stuck like this, and if you continue to hold down or up you can still scoot along the ground, but if you release down or up Megaman just kind edges forward slightly if you try to press left or right.
[Image: bxeI9j8.gif]

Furthermore, holding down mid jump seems to give you a speed boost once you hit the ground and start running again. This also seems to be tied to the Controller, as I can't replicate this on keyboard either.
[Image: XFKobup.gif]

Sorry the gifs are a bit slow. My computer is garbage.
22-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Find Reply
ACESpark Offline
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
Administrators

Threads: 195
Ah, nice catch. I believe this would also be a glitch in Quint's Revenge as both this and that game use the same controller setup. Fixed in my offline version.
(22-03-2016, 04:44 PM)DarkSamus993 Wrote: 1) You can get Mega Man to moon-walking when you use the last of H. Dash's weapon energy and then try to move in the opposite direction.
[Image: Vr0m6ru.gif]
[Image: RCx0zMa.gif]
... Heat Dash still has issues with it? Man that weapon has proved nothing but a pain in the ass to actually do. Fixed in my offline version.

22-03-2016, 09:18 PM
Website Find Reply
Smedis2 Offline
Are video games real?
Registered

Threads: 34
i got the spinny flamethrower-y thing the spawn 2 cannon sets
[Image: 80f60ed60234018c7e66bccae6db0b70.png]
i'm presuming something didn't de-spawn when i died because they were there before the screen transition happened

other things:
i got mega man to change directions during the hit-stun animation
you can shoot during ordy's intro
sometimes the death sound doesn't play
it seems like the screen size shifts ever-so-slightly when the fade-in happens
items falling doesn't have any sort of "gravity" to it, it just falls in a linear path
...this
music kicks in after mega man lands, no "READY". not entirely sure if intentional or not but it weirds me out (also the warp speed is still slower than normal aaaaaaaaaaa)

CHECK OUT STUFF I MAKE OVER AT
[Image: d03b37145145880c6532998fa3a49c20.png]
Here's my TWITTER
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2016, 09:57 PM by Smedis2.)
22-03-2016, 09:46 PM
Website Find Reply
Entity1037 Offline
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

Threads: 14
I got the moving around in mega man's step animation glitch to happen also. It doesn't work with a keyboard, only a controller. It seems that if you're moving and then hold down while continuing to move, mega man sometimes goes really fast, whereas if you hold down and then start moving, he'll sometimes get stuck in his step animation. Also when he's stuck in his step animation, he'll move really slowly, but will sometimes move faster if you hold down while moving (I think it's the same fast movement glitch from before).

Here's a video of me messing around with it. Towards the end you can see that shooting the axe or using the h dash cancels being stuck in step animation, while other weapons don't.

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
23-03-2016, 05:57 AM
Find Reply
Smedis2 Offline
Are video games real?
Registered

Threads: 34
(23-03-2016, 05:57 AM)Entity1037 Wrote: I got the moving around in mega man's step animation glitch to happen also. It doesn't work with a keyboard, only a controller. It seems that if you're moving and then hold down while continuing to move, mega man sometimes goes really fast, whereas if you hold down and then start moving, he'll sometimes get stuck in his step animation. Also when he's stuck in his step animation, he'll move really slowly, but will sometimes move faster if you hold down while moving (I think it's the same fast movement glitch from before).

Here's a video of me messing around with it. Towards the end you can see that shooting the axe or using the h dash cancels being stuck in step animation, while other weapons don't.

looks like the same bug i reported on in the earlier thread. were you using an analog controller?

CHECK OUT STUFF I MAKE OVER AT
[Image: d03b37145145880c6532998fa3a49c20.png]
Here's my TWITTER
23-03-2016, 10:32 AM
Website Find Reply
Blackhook Offline
Gonna get promoted...eventually
SIBRE Alpha Testers

Threads: 9
You still respawn with the weapon you used when dying

[Image: d82bcef28Chwb.png]
23-03-2016, 03:48 PM
Find Reply
ansoncheng Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 4
I played it, i think stage compare to short!
but see good development have new creative.
may i can show this demo on youtube?
24-03-2016, 06:15 PM
Find Reply
Entity1037 Offline
Registered

(23-03-2016, 10:32 AM)Smedis2 Wrote: looks like the same bug i reported on in the earlier thread. were you using an analog controller?

Yeah. A Logitech Rumble Gamepad F510, using the D-Pad. It was in sibregut23. It's just really weird though, sense I'm using JoyToKey to emulate the keys on the keyboard with the controller, yet you can't do it with the actual keys.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2016, 04:33 PM by Entity1037.)
24-03-2016, 11:08 PM
Find Reply
Alejandro10000 Offline
Icon by AestheticMage
Registered

Threads: 0
RolleyesThe stage looks impressive and also a little bit confused.

MM - WhatBut that´s ok the stage and the enemies.

[Image: 1bkhyd.gif]

[Image: 1bkhe2.gif]
25-03-2016, 04:54 AM
Website Find Reply
Wkay Offline
Savage
Registered

Threads: 9
The controls feel a little reversed with the whole "z is shoot and x is jump" thing. This could just be me, but it's something I'm not really comfortable with. Is there a way to change this?
Also, I wasn't able to get past the stage with this.

[Image: iZwWp.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2016, 07:26 AM by Wkay.)
04-04-2016, 07:25 AM
Find Reply
Entity1037 Offline
Registered

A lot of sprites look flat imo.

(This post was last modified: 25-04-2016, 12:04 AM by Entity1037.)
25-04-2016, 12:03 AM
Find Reply
PseuDeadpool Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 8
Hey, ACE! I’m new here, but I have been playing this recently; and, I do have a few points I wanted to bring up about this test build:

The timer pauses on 99 for a couple seconds before counting down on the last fire turret (right before the rocket section). Is that intentional? Note: I played through the level once more after this, and it seems to be a glitch. The timer will stay stuck on 99 until you are almost all the way past the fire turret, and then, the timer will count normally.

The boss (Ordinance Man) feels a little too fast paced, especially since he hits so hard. It’s really annoying to avoid the homing rockets. I ended up getting hit by the boss a lot because of those, and, I regularly had to use an E-tank to defeat him. I think that the homing rockets should do less damage; because generally, after I got used to his pattern, I could make a lot of necessary quick dodges for his other attacks, except for the homing rockets. My suggestions are: either remove them entirely (or replace them with another attack) or make them do less damage.

Also, in terms of a no damage run, I would advise slowing the boss down a little. Because, if you are going to keep the homing rockets, they might be easier to dodge if the boss was slowed down a bit. In fact, in your first test build, Devil Man was also very fast, though also a bit more manageable. However, I would suggest slowing down both masters, even just a little; because they were very fast for me, which made it tricky to get a sense of their pattern and dodge timed attacks. I don’t know if this is simply a byproduct of this being an early build, but I thought I should bring it to your attention.

Overall, really nice job so far. I’ve been very excited about this project and have played through the demos a lot. I have also been following Revolution, but was unable to come up with anything for the the revamped RM thread. So, I felt I should try to contribute here; and what do you know? I found some things. Anyway, keep up the good work, ACE!

Sorry if I gave you the cold shoulder... It's easy to do when you're dead Confused

09-07-2016, 08:26 PM
Find Reply