Metaloid:Origin - 4min gameplay video
TGHoly Offline
Regular
Registered

Smile Metaloid:Origin - 4min gameplay video
Hi everyone! Me and my friend start making platformer/shooter game inspire from Megaman, Metroid , Gunstar Hero an Turrican. We aim to develop the game for both PC and Mobile after year of work now our game engine is finally ready! we're really happy how the game work right now. what we need to do is put content into the game.

Metaloid:Origin is about robot race know as Metaloid fight against invasion of evil cooperation empire who came from another world and plot to blow up their planet "Utopa" in order to harvest precious rare mineral "Soulrium" which contain enough energy to rule entire galaxy.

[Feature Plan]
- Free game with 90% content can be unlock by playing. [IOS/Android Only PC might not Free]
- 5 Playable character with different power and weapons.
- 8-10 level feature different environment.
- More than 20 type of weapons.

Yeah story is that simple because we want to create that game where people can jump in and enjoy easily as possible and come on it's shooter game!

[Image: menu_screen_sample_zpsickadfhv.png]

Player able to play as 1 from 5 robot characters each of them offer different abilities and weapons but also share some weapon. while we have 20+ weapon types to choose from but player can take only 3 to their mission.

[Image: onishot_1.png]
While each character offer only 1 special attack but we try to make sure all these power will be variable and useful for most situation.

[Image: standgif.1.gif]
Switch weapon also change weapon sprite in their hand.

[Image: desert_stage.png]

Now we also prepare to release Demo version on this 20 September.

You can follow our project at.
http://www.moddb.com/games/metaloidorigin
http://www.facebook.com/metaloidgame

[Image: forumbanner2_zpskz7rcgj3.png]
(This post was last modified: 27-08-2017 10:35 PM by TGHoly.)
14-09-2015 02:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ACESpark Offline
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
Administrators

Tetris AwardSpike AwardRockman AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorSmash AwardAce Award
RE: Metaloid:Origin [Megaman Style shooter!]
Looks interesting! Would like to see the demo when it's out.
14-09-2015 04:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Walrus Offline
Watch out when it's in heat
Registered

Reggae Award
Not a fan of the main character designs but I'll give the demo a shot

[Image: HCPYAjr.gif]
14-09-2015 05:02 PM
TGHoly Offline
Regular
Registered

Finally we finish the demo but still have small issue you can see inside readme.

You can leave you comment here if you have feed back or idea to suggest us.

[Image: download_but_zpsmbqx0odl.png]
http://www.moddb.com/games/metaloidorigin/downloads

(This post was last modified: 20-09-2015 04:45 PM by TGHoly.)
20-09-2015 01:01 PM
Bloo Offline
Professional Mediocre Spriter
Registered

RE: Metaloid:Origin - Demo Released!
Why is this on ModDB and not IndieDB?

If I was a vegetable I'd have ten potatoes.
20-09-2015 05:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TGHoly Offline
Regular
Registered

because it's on everyDB Tongue

20-09-2015 05:24 PM
Soulephant Offline
Takes stabs at things
Registered

Spike AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE Contributor
Having played the demo but not quite beat it, I can say this definitely has potential. I do like the multiple weapons thing, though I have trouble switching occasionally.

The game design isn't perfect though. In the second stage, there are some spikes that are annoyingly out of the player's view. Also, the one boss I have seen can spend its time being invincible a bit longer than normal, and it's "desperation attack", unless there's something I'm missing, has mooks land on the battlefield in a fairly unpredictable manner. That'd be a problem, because the boss is prone to using the attack.

Also, while I acknowledge a demo can be rough around the edges, I have to say the continue menu is supremely unclear. It's why I'm typing this post right now: Because I accidentally selected exit and confirmed it before I realized what I did by freak accident.

So there's going to be a few kinks that need to be worked out, but once that's done, I can see this being pretty great. That said, I will continue playing the demo, so I may encounter more problems.

Check the MMRevo Games on one place: The boredome!
[Image: 5c14BKd.png]
20-09-2015 06:45 PM
TGHoly Offline
Regular
Registered

(20-09-2015 06:45 PM)Soulephant Wrote:  Having played the demo but not quite beat it, I can say this definitely has potential. I do like the multiple weapons thing, though I have trouble switching occasionally.

The game design isn't perfect though. In the second stage, there are some spikes that are annoyingly out of the player's view. Also, the one boss I have seen can spend its time being invincible a bit longer than normal, and it's "desperation attack", unless there's something I'm missing, has mooks land on the battlefield in a fairly unpredictable manner. That'd be a problem, because the boss is prone to using the attack.

Also, while I acknowledge a demo can be rough around the edges, I have to say the continue menu is supremely unclear. It's why I'm typing this post right now: Because I accidentally selected exit and confirmed it before I realized what I did by freak accident.

So there's going to be a few kinks that need to be worked out, but once that's done, I can see this being pretty great. That said, I will continue playing the demo, so I may encounter more problems.

We acknowledge about some design and plan to fix it in the future we release this demo at early stage to see how player response to our game design which give us chance to made major change if we found critical issue. special power your character has is key to fight with boss in our game but we not deny some boss need more time to optimize.

only what we not understand is how continue menu confuse you since each button tell you quite clear. [Spend Gear+Small number of Gems to rebirth] or spend alot of gems go back to check point and Exit from current game but lost nothing. however we will take is as issue and we'll try to come up with something better.

Thank you for your suggestion this's some useful information for us. Smile

20-09-2015 07:02 PM
Soulephant Offline
Takes stabs at things
Registered

In brief, what I mean is that it's really unclear which of the options the player has selected. The key cause here is the minimal difference between the lights (those on the sides) of a selected and unselected option. Also, the selected option has darker lights than the unselected ones, something I expected to be the other way round.
As a result of this, I tried to select the last checkpoint, but instead I hit exit and didn't notice in time.

I did get what you said about the continue, by the way. So I know what they do. Just hard to see what the player is actually doing.

(This post was last modified: 20-09-2015 08:43 PM by Soulephant.)
20-09-2015 08:35 PM
TGHoly Offline
Regular
Registered

Oh! ok now i understand what you mean. We're sorry about that issue and we will fix it asap but for now if you have any issue about menu my suggestion is you use your mouse click on them directly. it still work in our game even not our intention. Tongue

(This post was last modified: 20-09-2015 09:35 PM by TGHoly.)
20-09-2015 08:47 PM
Soulephant Offline
Takes stabs at things
Registered

Having played through the second stage now, I have discovered a few more things:
  • The second stage is A LOT harder than the first. Starting from the climbing section, it got almost out of hand IMO.
  • A weird thing about the midboss is that it has a checkpoint placed before it instead of after, as would be more usual in game design. Now once you get the hang of the boss, it isn't so bad, but that's exactly why you wouldn't want to fight it every time you mess up before.
  • I may not recall this correctly, but after the midboss, there isn't so much as a single checkpoint. Kind of terrifying, considering what comes after that.
  • Bomber enemies seem to act a little odd sometimes if I scroll them back on screen. Just hovering in place and doing nothing.
  • The second boss. Yipes. Don't get me wrong, I sort of like the idea. However, he spends way too much time (close to) invincible, something that makes him hard as opposed to just slightly annoying like the first boss. And I was lucky to play Zeta, whose trusty sidearm could actually sometimes fire at just the right angle to hit his head. I cannot imagine the sheer hell this boss would be as Erika. Then, there's a ton of stuff to hit. The boss' bombs aren't so bad, and after some practice, I got the hang of that, but his crystal spray sometimes slips through my firing (maybe Zeta's slightly unpredictable firing angle does that). At low health, that's where I think you guys went a little too far. The low-health crystal spray is very hectic, and while I think it's borderline manageable, I can't help but see a resemblance to Volt Catfish's desperation attack, an attack that gives people grief. Finally, the ice traps need to go. It makes it borderline impossible to deal with everything that's going on already.
    I have a few suggestions regarding everything. First of all, the boss should only be invincible if he actually holds his combined shield in front of him. Second, the ice traps, again, need to go. Third, maybe the ice spikes could shatter in slightly less shards, but it's not as much as a priority as the first two things.

Then, I finally beat the thing after a lot of continues and run into this error:
of Step Event0
for object obj_score_counter:

DoDiv :: Divide by zero
at gml_Object_obj_score_counter_Step_0
################################################################################​

Check whatever math calculation you're doing in there. If people are to test this, these errors need to stop.

I will also admit, on another note, that I forgot until now that the special attack was a thing. Even so, most of my points stand.

22-09-2015 12:42 PM
TGHoly Offline
Regular
Registered

Thank again for your feedback. We notice many people have issue to fight with ice boss and we plan to nerf him in the future but before that let see his pattern counter.
- Crystal Shoot = Cryo maniac shoot 5 crystal ball spread attack player if player can't manage to avoid this attack other option is destroy those bullet by shoot on them.[Zeta Gun really effect while Erika can use flame thrower]

- Freeze Grenade = Cryo maniac shoot freeze grenade direct to player which freeze them when take hit. We original plan to allow player destroy this bullet by shoot on it but some seem like it's not gone as we plan since some time seem like bullet just pass through it.

- Ice Pillar = Player can shoot it down in grenade form but main issue is pillar form which IMO seem like he spam them oo many than what we expect in future we decide to recrease pillar number from 4 to 3 which possible give more room for player to stand on the floor and Grenade form might no longer crate cluster bullet when got shoot down.at moment this attack can be counter with Zeta thunder and Erika Rolling Flame/Flame Kick.

- Icy Volcanic [Super]= Boss super move is one of easiest move to deal with just stand close to him and you will be fine.

- Barrier = I accept this issue as our mistake in design truly this boss should not have any protection until he use Crystal Shoot or Ice Charge. but his current barrier isn't unbreakable every kind of piecing attack such as Zeta Flak Gun and Erika Flame Thrower still able to damage him also both special power. at moment player can make clean hit only when he jump and attack him from back.

[Other issue]
- I agree to give player check point after Mini-boss.
- Bomber need to improve an I already have idea for him.
- We never expect the game still have Fatal Error inside you're first one who found this issue and we I'll check it.

** I patch the game and uploaded now Ice boss got some nerf and collision should work better but not every glitch above got fix.

(This post was last modified: 23-09-2015 01:53 PM by TGHoly.)
23-09-2015 10:24 AM
Soulephant Offline
Takes stabs at things
Registered

I planned on streaming the demo this weekend. If you or anyone on the team can watch, that'd be wise. I have taken note of your update, and that's what I will play. Anyone else is, of course, also welcome to watch, though I can understand some want to play and crit themselves.

Link here

NOTE: There is another stream planned in the same weekend, which is very much dependant on the Inc Members. As such, the streams may swap days.

06-10-2015 11:04 AM
TGHoly Offline
Regular
Registered

Hi thank for you steaming! I'll looking forward to it. Big Grin

Just feel sad a little that we can't release new version in time before your steam schedule.

Edit:Finish watching. Good job now We will check if all those glitch has been fixed.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2015 07:18 PM by TGHoly.)
10-10-2015 04:41 PM
TGHoly Offline
Regular
Registered

Hi again!

It's been long time but just want to let's people know the game still alive. Big Grin
We've change engine to Game maker studios 2 and rework most part of the game which make it technically become different game from the demo tileset and character animations also improved.

Here's some gif animation capture during test show character in action.

So many people say Erika Power and weapons too much situation and hard to use now she come back with new weapons and power!
[Image: mo1.gif]

Zeta Power from demo seem little bit too strong so we nerf it.... (but still need to balance some more) but atleast player can upgrade it back to OP version in late game and just like Erika he also got new stuff in his arsenal.
[Image: mo2.gif]

Third Character "Neva" She can glide in the air!
[Image: mo3.gif]

Also ... We experiment "Gear" Mechanic in Metagal but seem like people hate it... so we scrap it in Metaloid and working on different mechanic include emergency HP recovery, Compare to Metagal We intent to make level this game more free roam and give large space for player to move around.

(This post was last modified: 27-08-2017 10:33 PM by TGHoly.)
30-06-2017 07:22 AM
TGHoly Offline
Regular
Registered

RE: Metaloid:Origin - Update2017
Ok... Photobucket seem no longer work but whatever at least I still have indiedb to host game image.

well we got some new update on Metaloid Origin now with 4 min gameplay video. Smile

(This post was last modified: 27-08-2017 10:36 PM by TGHoly.)
27-08-2017 10:34 PM