Quint's Revenge - First Public Release
Rhythm Offline
Rhythm is Gonna Get Ya
Co-Admin

Booblight AwardAuto AwardRush AwardBeat AwardTempo AwardInafune AwardAce AwardC^2 Super Moderator AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorDeadchat AwardSaga AwardBnG Award
RE: Quint's Revenge - First Public Release
You...double click the exe file. there is no extraction once you decompress the folder

[Image: 67617b7e1d6Ur.png]
07-09-2015 08:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TurretCrab Offline
Registered

I ran into a bug with Clash Man's boss battle. I managed to fire off an air shooter shot just as he fired a bomb, and we died at the same time. This caused the game to... Do nothing. At all. I stared at the screen for a bit, thinking I would respawn or be sent to the weapon get screen, but neither happened and I had to restart.
I was using infinite lives, (I don't enjoy redoing stages after game overs. It's annoying, so I go for infinite lives whenever possible.) so that may have caused the issue. Apologies if this has been reported before.

( I'd post a link to a screenshot of the empty boss arena, but I registered in order to post this and would not like to set off anti spam with such a new account.)
21-08-2016 09:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zynk Offline
An Indecisive Slacker
Registered

Revo Remix Contributor
Just an annoying sound bug report. When using subsequently the start button for the menu while using the leaf shield, the SFX of the leaf shield keeps on going. (Farming weapon capules near a Mechakkero-dispensing Komasaburo)
27-08-2016 07:30 AM
Nodus Offline
Registered

This is amazing! i always wanted to play as quint!
28-08-2016 12:41 AM
NMY Offline
Registered

Yes, I know this thread is more than dead. Buuut...I just fund a wrong-warp in Air Man's Stage. Here's all the details:
I played with Infinite Lives, practicing for a Speedrun. I had Metal Chaser equipped and was just on the 2nd screen. When I came to the two cloud platforms and the spikes, I accidentally dashed into the top left corner of the first spike. Instead of spawning at the beginning of the stage, I respawned in the Boss corridor. I will keep experimenting with it after this run
26-03-2017 02:59 AM
ACESpark Offline
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
Administrators

Tetris AwardSpike AwardRockman AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorSmash AwardAce Award
Yeah that segment's warp is a known glitch. Just falling into the pit there causes a warp too.

It was the result of a misplaced checkpoint marker. If and when I actually release the update to the game, that bug has been fixed... and canonised.

26-03-2017 11:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
prophetiii Offline
Registered

I understand that this is an old game, and people have likely found a similar error, and I just haven't seen it. However, I have run into what appears to be a glitch. When I get to the title screen, I get a message "push none." The problem with this is, I've seen somebody do another play through where it says, "push Return" in the place of where I see "push none." For further information, my computer is running on Windows 8.
14-04-2017 10:46 PM
ACESpark Offline
Administrators

Tetris AwardSpike AwardRockman AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorSmash AwardAce Award
Have you unzipped the game? It needs all its files unzipped in order to run.

14-04-2017 11:38 PM
prophetiii Offline
Registered

(14-04-2017 11:38 PM)ACESpark Wrote:  Have you unzipped the game? It needs all its files unzipped in order to run.
Yes, however, when I try to run it, it tells me that the files still need to be unzipped. I know for a fact that I unzipped them; because when I go through the process of unzipping them again, it tells me that the files have already been extracted. Thank you for your time.
14-04-2017 11:47 PM
ACESpark Offline
Administrators

As a note - make sure you've grabbed Version 36d rather than 36a. 36a has a borked control scheme, which 36b doesn't, or rather, shouldn't. Let me know if the case is otherwise.

36b and 36c also have issues, but they're minor, one that only affects Clash Man's stage and has somehow gone unreported in the entire two years this game has been out, so theres that, and the other is a minor glitch in Wily 2 which shouldn't affect most playthroughs, but someone reported it so it got fixed.

(This post was last modified: 17-04-2017 07:08 AM by ACESpark.)
16-04-2017 04:22 PM
Vucious Creed Offline
Registered

Kind of a shame that it took me this long to try and reply to this thread considering I've played this for quite a long while. That being said, it's good to still see the original Quint's Revenge get updated after such a decently lengthy hiatus. I wish I could have been around earlier to add some insight to the game, but that's neither here nor there anymore.

I'm impressed with the amount of bug fixes in this current version just about a majority of the issues that were in since v1.0.29 nearly erased. Though for other reasons, I'm sad to see them go, but it's still to build a better, more functioning game. I would go into comparing each stage stating what I liked and all the dislikes/nitpicks/"things I disagreed with", but I'll save that for another time since that could be a while to post. (Glitches will be sent to the proper thread, obviously enough.) So I'll just say well done on keeping this project alive, and here's to hoping for future progress on this game and/or QR2.
19-04-2017 04:04 AM
[snupster] Nico Offline
Registered

I recently started my Evaluation of this series after ACESpark sent me the new patch. You can check it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZO1hyZcu2M

So far, I've evaluated 2.5D, Eternal, Rock Force and the DOS games.
19-04-2017 10:47 PM
WoodenMan Offline
Registered

I've tried to download the game, but it pops up as a 404 error.

Edit: Never mind. It was the old link I tried.
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2017 07:27 AM by WoodenMan.)
29-05-2017 06:29 AM