Quint's Revenge - First Public Release
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

RE: Quint's Revenge - First Public Release
(19-06-2015 02:42 PM)ACESpark Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 08:36 AM)Joseph Collins Wrote:  So... a new bug was discovered by fellow fangame maker Jordan Delp. Apparently... everything that's supposed to be Megaman's shades of blue...
... is grey to him.

This also happens, inexplicibly, in the Sprites INC builds of
Mega Man Revolution.
I suspect the issue may be either no direct x 9 installed, or it may have installed incorrectly on their systems, as the game uses direct x 9 to display a pixel shader.
If it's any help, apparently, this color bug only happens on their Windows 7 laptop. The game(s) works fine on their Windows 8 one. So I'll go ahead and ask them if the Windows 7 one has Direct X9 (or higher) installed or not.

Edit/Bump: Well, he installedDirect X9 on his Windows 7 laptop... and absolutely nothing changed. Your thoughts?

I'm not that hard to find... if you know where to look.
... but you'd be a fool to think me here.
21-06-2015 08:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DoomManFTW Offline
Still Here
Registered

Sorry for not having anything to do with the color problem,but I found something else in Crashman's stage(with the help of youtube user"Ender the Awesome"),at the second met spawning enemy,letting him drop a met,then go up the ladder then go back down causes the met to die,it might considered as a way to reset the enemy so it is not unfair that you go back down and get hit by the met or something,but it can lead to a cheap way to farm items.
25-06-2015 07:55 PM
DarkSamus993 Offline
Keeper of the Archives
SIBRE Alpha Testers

Rhythm Co-Admin Award
DoomManFTW, it would make things easier on everyone if you would just link the video here.
25-06-2015 09:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DoomManFTW Offline
Still Here
Registered

Ok,more coming from Ender the Awesome,also do not know yet how to do time links:
1:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cbx1-wKDzs-2:13
2:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d9vBty2rCg-0:30
3:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QXnUZmUpVo-0:43
27-06-2015 06:47 PM
DarkSamus993 Offline
Keeper of the Archives
SIBRE Alpha Testers

Rhythm Co-Admin Award
To do time links just right-click the YT video and click on "Copy video URL at current time"

If you want a link to display text instead, the format goes like this:
[ url=the link you copied]your text you want to display[/url]
^ remove the space between the bracket and "url". I added it so I could show the formatting

Or you can just use the the "Insert hyperlink" button (looks like Earth with a chain below it) to format the link for you.
(This post was last modified: 28-06-2015 12:46 AM by DarkSamus993.)
28-06-2015 12:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ThatOneEnderMan Offline
The Saltest of the Salt
Registered

Whoo! Some free views! Tongue
(This post was last modified: 28-06-2015 09:26 PM by ThatOneEnderMan.)
28-06-2015 05:44 PM
Murphmario Offline
Registered

I found some more bugs:
-The rabbot in the section with the atomic apples followed me to the screen beside it when I drop down from the above screen with the bubble bats.
-The enemy shoot sound constantly played when I died past the Tamas. I'm assuming it came from them.

And some nitpicks:
-Orbinauts and their spikes should move slower, as they weren't that fast in the original game they came from (with the exception of Launch Base).
-The enemy shooting sound effect is incorrect. You used a teleportation sound instead of the enemy shooting sound. Play Mega Man 2 and you will hear what I mean.
-The top mini tama can still be easily taken out with the magnet missile.
-The hot dogs can still be taken out easily. I don't see why you didn't fix it, considering that it should be easy. Add a block where the player can crouch at for the first hot dog, and add a reflector met for the second.
-Anything that uses the Mega Man 3 explosion effect should use the sound effect as well. It seems more natural and it is what the official Mega Man games do.
-The penguins eggs should explode if let alone for enough time similar to Mega Man 3.
-Pipis should respawn in a certain area, similar to Mega Man 2.
(This post was last modified: 28-06-2015 09:46 PM by Murphmario.)
28-06-2015 09:44 PM
RandyPandy Offline
Has an obsession with copies
Registered

Found a couple of things after my runthrough of the game:
-The chickens in the fortress stage (I don't remember which one, but I believe it was the last stage) don't jump when they're near you. Threw me off since the ones in Wood Man's stage (here and in MM2) did. Not sure if this was intentional or not.
-In the final stage, where you encounter the first purple met, it fired its rocket and I dashed onto the next screen with it right behind me. It didn't disappear, but came with me to the next screen instead of vanishing.
-If I reset the game, any music that was already playing keeps playing while the "Sprites Inc. Presents" text is on the screen.
-Once after beating the intro stage and exiting out of the save section, the screen went black and the Stage Select never loaded, and the Save music kept playing. I've been unable to replicate this, but I'll mention it if it pops up again.

Fun game, though! The difficulty wasn't bad at all, and it felt pretty authentic (as authentic as you can get when you're not playing Megaman himself). The final boss fight was trippy in a good way, the clock in the final stage that synched with your computer was a nice touch, and I got a good laugh at the Boobeam Trap miniboss.

My Sprite Thread
[Image: theexpotitle.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2015 06:14 PM by RandyPandy.)
04-07-2015 03:50 AM
RushJet1 Offline
Registered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHn3WpzQ8yI

I did a playthrough of Quint's Revenge with my Mega Man II GB Remade music put in place of the existing tracks. You can get those here if you want to use them while playing this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8297...evenge.zip

I hadn't covered the Mega Man: Dr Wily's Revenge second castle theme so I replaced it with Uranus from Mega Man V as it was another song I'd done in the past. Same goes for the victory theme - used the Dr. Wily's Revenge version. Both ending themes in the files are the same as well since I never covered the unused theme from MMII.
13-07-2015 04:55 AM
The Stove Guy Offline
ambulatory cooking device
Registered

Found some more bugs:
- When dropping down a ledge with a ladder in front of it, Quint keeps his standing frame
- The bricks, that get destroyed after beating the Giant Metall in wily stage 3, are not solid
- (don't ask me how I found that one)
step 1: highlight a savegame (where Wily stage 1 is beaten) at the "load game" screen
step 2: cancel back to the titel screen
step 3: start a new game and beat the intro stage
step 4: press start at the previously highlighted savegame
The game will not send you to the stage select screen and instead load said savegame.
14-07-2015 07:01 PM
DoomManFTW Offline
Still Here
Registered

Yeah,remember one of Ender's glitches involving the wily 2 boss?When I tried it again,it counted as a won and I think I also kept the life I should have lost though on the save file it did count as a death.
14-07-2015 08:41 PM
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

RushJet1, that smart-ass... Look at what he went and did.

Quint's Revenge with VRC6 Soundtrack (Click to View)

I'm not that hard to find... if you know where to look.
... but you'd be a fool to think me here.
(This post was last modified: 27-08-2015 05:56 AM by Joseph Collins.)
27-08-2015 05:55 AM
sf2010 Offline
Registered

I just can't get this game to work cause it has no installer unlike most games. I know they give a way to try to make it work but I just can't do it. I do not know if a version can be made like that but it would be nice cause the game looks real cool.
03-09-2015 07:14 AM
Threxx Offline
Postman
Registered

Wedge AwardChiptune AwardRevo Remix Contributor
(03-09-2015 07:14 AM)sf2010 Wrote:  I just can't get this game to work cause it has no installer unlike most games. I know they give a way to try to make it work but I just can't do it. I do not know if a version can be made like that but it would be nice cause the game looks real cool.

You just extract the entire folder and run the .exe. It's not rocket science.

Generally disgruntled composer and Ideas Guy™.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8JCLmX...ji0sctyEYQ
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/threxx-danne
03-09-2015 03:01 PM
sf2010 Offline
Registered

I'm trying to play this game on wine on mac. I extract the folder and run the exe like all games but this one just keeps saying error no installer found. I do think there is a way to make it work somehow does anyone know about it? Thanks.
03-09-2015 10:34 PM
The Walrus Offline
Watch out when it's in heat
Registered

Reggae Award
Don't use a mac?

Seems like a pretty obvious solution

[Image: HCPYAjr.gif]
03-09-2015 11:49 PM
Threxx Offline
Postman
Registered

Wedge AwardChiptune AwardRevo Remix Contributor
(03-09-2015 10:34 PM)sf2010 Wrote:  I'm trying to play this game on wine on mac. I extract the folder and run the exe like all games but this one just keeps saying error no installer found. I do think there is a way to make it work somehow does anyone know about it? Thanks.

I'll have to test it on my own Mac, but you should just be able to run the .exe in Wine Files (if you're using the Wine/Winebottler companion package).

http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

Generally disgruntled composer and Ideas Guy™.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8JCLmX...ji0sctyEYQ
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/threxx-danne
05-09-2015 12:07 AM
fireworks Offline
Registered

Hi having some trouble extracting this game. What do I do with these ogg files to make this game work?
07-09-2015 03:19 AM
turpinator Offline
Piledriver Program Advance!
Registered

You don't touch the .ogg files, you run the .exe. This was stated not four posts ago. Last time I saw an .ogg file for a game it was the music or something multimedia format for it. You screw with the locations of those and you might potentially crash the game because it can't find the file names for the things the game is supposed to run as a cinematic, SFX, or background theme.

[Image: content-4-34154-extralifebanner.jpg]
Click the image to Donate!
07-09-2015 08:04 AM
fireworks Offline
Registered

Hmm I see. When I try to extract the quints revenge.29 exe it said fail to extract. What software is right to use to extract?
07-09-2015 06:52 PM