Quint's Revenge - First Public Release
MarcDWyz Offline
Regular
Registered

RE: Quint's Revenge - First Public Release
That was an awesome stream. Thanks everyone for showing up. The recording can be found here (for a limited time): http://www.twitch.tv/marcdwyz/b/666620210
07-06-2015 07:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

I did something productive today.

[Image: 1jlZgPh.png]
I improved the G-Blocky (Metalman mini-boss) sprites. If ACE wants them, I mean.
He's already using a variant on my portrait-sized Light Labs logo, so what's one or two more sprites? ;3

The ones on the left are directly based on their small-fry sprites.
The ones on the right are based more on the official artwork (so they're thinner and have different coloration).
I also would have made their tops and bottoms silver, but that would've looked ugly given the 3-color limitations per-8x8 sprite block.

Technical Details for Nerds Like Me (Click to View)

I'm not that hard to find... if you know where to look.
... but you'd be a fool to think me here.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015 04:40 AM by Joseph Collins.)
07-06-2015 01:21 PM
DoomManFTW Offline
Still Here
Registered

Just another small bug,and after the small dog miniboss in woodman stage if you dash on the ground to the next screen you clip up to the platform and I think one time it ended up the same way but I got hit aswell,maybe by the met somehow
08-06-2015 01:14 PM
DoomManFTW Offline
Still Here
Registered

Oh,and just found something about crashman's fight(or clashman,whatever),if you stay all the way to the left wall he walks in such way that he hurts you but if you stay to the wall all the way on the right he does not touch you and he never shoots unless you shoot,also is it intentional that the crash bomb itself does not hurt you but only its explosion?At least I know that did not happen in the original game,but at the same time I noticed that both here and in MM2 for gameboy,metalman's treadmills do not change their directions unlike the nes game

EDIT:it is almost 12 AM,I am on the phone now and I have to sleep so just use the links that I provided the other times,go to my channel and you should see the bugs with the info in the description,I am sorry if I talk a lot Tongue

Suddenly more stuff,one thing,in the part where there are blue bombs in crashman's stage and you have to climb,if you go all the way up the ladder to the second blue sniper joe and drop from the ladder,you can hit the bombs and not get hurt while falling,and another thing which I CANNOT RECREATE:Lets be specific,I had 3 lives,I lost one the way I did but the second one was by me standing on the left and getting hit just by the explosion of the crash bombs that I talked about,and after dying I like put the game on the bar down(don't know how to say it)did something else and when coming back,I was unable to shoot,and when I went to the gate,it did not close after entering the boss room,and crashman was missing,another time when trying to recreate this,instead of this result,everything was fine except that the sprite for getting hit was missing,like the white sprites,and same with the explosion sprites when I died,and when I respawned after that,everything was normal,sorry if you cannot find this glitch in order to fix it...I'll try a little more.Also I just got it to work again and recorded,and forgot to say,the countbombs do not hurt if you go into them,and I got the music turned off when the fight glitch happened,and if you turn the music off but sound effects on,reseting makes the sound effects go aswell

EDIT 2:I do not know how I placed the text like that...
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015 08:55 PM by DoomManFTW.)
08-06-2015 07:45 PM
DoomManFTW Offline
Still Here
Registered

Found even more,but not much,it happened to me after passing the sakugarne section in metalman's stage where you are supposed to fall down,one of the tackle fires scrolled onto the next screen along with me,and if you use the metal catcher on a power up and as soon as you catch it you pause and change the weapon,the power up stops in the air
10-06-2015 02:43 PM
The Stove Guy Offline
ambulatory cooking device
Registered

I wanted to do something useful. So I enhanced the quality of the stage select screen.

11-06-2015 06:11 PM
Threxx Offline
Postman
Registered

Wedge AwardChiptune AwardRevo Remix Contributor
(11-06-2015 06:11 PM)The Stove Guy Wrote:  I wanted to do something useful. So I enhanced the quality of the stage select screen.

I hardly see the purpose of organizing the stage select by color.

Scratch that, apparently the original is actually like that. Odd.

Generally disgruntled composer and Ideas Guy™. Currently operating the Robot Master Rally!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8JCLmX...ji0sctyEYQ
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/threxx-danne
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2015 08:29 PM by Threxx.)
11-06-2015 08:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

So... I dunno if this is anything anyone would be interested in, but ah... I maaay have released the Quint's Revenge Complete Soundtrack on my Bandcamp page, recently. Like, right this second, in fact.

(And also all three Christmas Carol soundtracks are there, too, since the original thread vanished.)

12-06-2015 04:01 PM
DoomManFTW Offline
Still Here
Registered

Found something else in Metalman's stage,but WARNING:I did not find this myself,you can see this at2:46 in part 7 of X-potion games' playthrough of this,credit goes to him,AND yes,this is a thing in version 29
13-06-2015 09:35 AM
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

A link would be handy for that... A time-specific link, even better.

13-06-2015 06:41 PM
DoomManFTW Offline
Still Here
Registered

Sorry,my parents do not let me on the computer until I am done with exams,now I am using my phone,but you know,you can search and find it easily,if it is still not enough,I am just gonna say the exact problem:In the second section with the insta death gear right before the boss door,if you dash torwards the first wall thing that has a met on it,the gear jumps over you and you survive.
(This post was last modified: 13-06-2015 08:50 PM by DoomManFTW.)
13-06-2015 08:49 PM
DarkSamus993 Offline
Keeper of the Archives
SIBRE Alpha Testers

Rhythm Co-Admin Award
Here is the link for the video DoomManFTW is talking about.
14-06-2015 03:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

Ya know... it dawns on me that I am, in fact, an Alpha Tester*. So the other day, I figured maybe I should do my title of "Alpha Tester" justice and, ya know... test alpha. Or beta, in this case.

And so I did. And as usual, I went a tad bit over-the-top with things. 'cause das how I roll~
#SorryNotSorry

* = Well, it specifically says SIBRE Alpha Tester, but still, I am listed in the credits as music remixer and alpha tester!

----------

General/Global (Click to View)
Game Engine (Click to View)
Weapons and Items (Click to View)
Intro Stage (Click to View)
Needleman Stage (Click to View)
Metalman Stage (Click to View)
Hardman Stage (Click to View)
Clashman Stage (Click to View)
Airman Stage (Click to View)
Magnetman Stage (Click to View)
Woodman Stage (Click to View)
Topman Stage (Click to View)
Dr. Wily Stage 1 (Click to View)
Dr. Wily Stage 2 (Click to View)
Dr. Wily Stage 3 (Click to View)
Dr. Wily Stage 4 (Click to View)
Dr. Wily Stage 5 (Click to View)
Extra Stage 1 (Click to View)
Extra Stage 2 (Click to View)
Cutscenes (Click to View)

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2015 11:05 PM by Joseph Collins.)
15-06-2015 04:28 PM
DoomManFTW Offline
Still Here
Registered

"Well excuse me for being retarded"-extra stage 1 and 2?Are they in progress or have I missed something?
15-06-2015 09:04 PM
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

Sometimes a spoiler really is a spoiler...

In any case, now noted and explained in the Spoilers.

Edit/Bump: So... a new bug was discovered by fellow fangame maker Jordan Delp. Apparently... everything that's supposed to be Megaman's shades of blue...
... is grey to him.

This also happens, inexplicibly, in the Sprites INC builds of
Mega Man Revolution.

It's almost like the game palettes are reverting to some weird, undocumented setting... or maybe not reading something from somewhere. But why (and how) would this be happening in not one, but both of the current Sprites INC WiP games, for the exact same colors in the exact same manner?

(This post was last modified: 18-06-2015 08:38 AM by Joseph Collins.)
18-06-2015 08:36 AM
Blackmore Darkwing Offline
Fanthulhu
Super Moderators

Revo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorTetris AwardRoll Caskett AwardBeat AwardQuill Award
That glitch is something that has plagued Mega Man Revolution, in particular, for a very long time, from what I understand. I'm not sure exactly what causes it, but it seems to depend on your computer specs, on my home computer, the game's colors will work just fine. Start it up on my laptop and suddenly grey everywhere. I wouldn't be able to tell you how to fix it though.
18-06-2015 12:32 PM
DoomManFTW Offline
Still Here
Registered

One of my friends had this problem with Quint's Revenge,though I did not say anything cause he told me he was gonna point that out himself...
(This post was last modified: 18-06-2015 06:38 PM by DoomManFTW.)
18-06-2015 05:05 PM
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

So... he (and other people) are going to have to just live with it, I take it? It seems strange that only those two colors (I guess?) would be affected... especially since they're Megaman's default blues. Something has to be doing it, but replicating the bug seems to be really hit-or-miss, considering no one has reported it in this thread until now. Very strange...

19-06-2015 12:03 AM
Blackmore Darkwing Offline
Fanthulhu
Super Moderators

Revo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorTetris AwardRoll Caskett AwardBeat AwardQuill Award
Taking a glance at the stage select screenshot you showed. It seems to be more than just the blues, I see a few of the more red-like colors have gone grey as well.

Considering that it has been a constant issue with Mega Man Revolution, then if MMR and QR share the same system for their color schemes, that might be part of the problem. Originally, MMR was built to use two different color types, 256 color mode or Direct 3d 9 mode. One of them lacked this problem, but could cause other problems in MMR (such as the final boss running away). Unfortunately it's been long enough that I don't remember which is which, and until Ace takes a look at this, I'm not sure what to do.

Do any of the other Sprites INC games cause this, namely CC2 and CCR? If not, then they might use a different color set-up.
19-06-2015 01:00 AM
ACESpark Offline
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
Administrators

Tetris AwardSpike AwardRockman AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorSmash AwardAce Award
I suspect the issue may be either no direct x 9 installed, or it may have installed incorrectly on their systems, as the game uses direct x 9 to display a pixel shader.

I may have a fix for the grey colours bug, but it does mean abandoning the pixel shader used to give the game its NES fidelity.

This is what I mean.

I can add an option to the game whether to display it or not, so systems capable of using the shader can keep the NES style fadeouts.

(This post was last modified: 19-06-2015 02:47 PM by ACESpark.)
19-06-2015 02:42 PM