Quint's Revenge - First Public Release
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

RE: Quint's Revenge - First Public Release
A minor oversight. (Click to View)
Welp.

Edit:
Actual spoilers/a bug report (Click to View)
- What.

I'm not that hard to find... if you know where to look.
... but you'd be a fool to think me here.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2015 03:27 AM by Joseph Collins.)
04-06-2015 02:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rhythm Offline
Rhythm is Gonna Get Ya
Co-Admin

Booblight AwardAuto AwardRush AwardBeat AwardTempo AwardInafune AwardAce AwardC^2 Super Moderator AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorDeadchat AwardSaga AwardBnG Award
(04-06-2015 02:53 AM)Joseph Collins Wrote:  

I've actually gotten this to happen a few times. Similar experience. Wasn't sure of the reason it was happening and died before I could snag a screenshot each time. I have had it happen on multiple occasions. So can reiterate that this is a thing.

[Image: 67617b7e1d6Ur.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2015 06:57 AM by Rhythm.)
04-06-2015 06:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

I actually figured out what's happening, but I can't explain why it's happening.

Basically, the first unit is still active despite not being on the same screen, so it's confusing the second unit's programming. This causes the second unit to freak the flip out and go berserk. Funny thing though? It only happens sometimes.

A similar thing happens when two Mets on the same screen try to fire at the same time, though in that case, one Met just fails to shoot while the other gets all three shots off.

Another kinda-spoilerish bug report image (Click to View)
It's also worth noting that these enemies are now completely invincible. Oops.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2015 09:18 PM by Joseph Collins.)
04-06-2015 09:13 PM
The Stove Guy Offline
ambulatory cooking device
Registered

When pausing after defeating the boss of the intro stage and then entering another stage, causes this to happen:

It's also impossible to close the pause menu.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2015 01:05 AM by The Stove Guy.)
04-06-2015 10:46 PM
DoomManFTW Offline
Still Here
Registered

Don't know if it's a bug or it is intentional,but after I've beaten the game with like 9 lives and I went to a new game,I kept all my lives.
05-06-2015 05:54 AM
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

I'm going to ask the obvious "stupid question" here, and mind you, this is purely for troubleshooting reasons:

Are your Lives set to 9 in the options screen?

05-06-2015 06:01 AM
DoomManFTW Offline
Still Here
Registered

Sorry for not explaining well,by 9 lives,I meant "08"lives while counting the "00" life,so no,I didn't have 9 lives on,I play my megaman games the way they should be played.

Also it happened if I did a new game after beating it without closing the game,if I go now and do a new game it restarts with 02 lives.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2015 05:39 PM by DoomManFTW.)
05-06-2015 05:35 PM
DoomManFTW Offline
Still Here
Registered

Oh and a thing I talked about in the other topic,but just making sure it is considered,the weapon changing should work like this,via megaman 10:you shoot a projectile and even if it is on the screen you should be able to change the weapons without pausing and make that projectile dissapear,and a thing that was also in megaman 7,8 and the x games and most people miss though I understand cause I also found out randomly,in those games if you press both weapon changing buttonÈ™ it instantly switches to the megabuster,but like you can hold one of the buttons and press the other so you switch like that,just saying so you don't think about making it so you have to press them at the same exact time.

And I'll need to look a little bit closer maybe,but I think I saw that big health/weapon energy power-ups restore 6 units when in the actual games they restore 8.

One more thing,again,to be more accurate to most games,crashman's weapon should use 4 units,so it is also enough energy for those who are weak to it,and maybe do less damage.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2015 06:45 PM by DoomManFTW.)
05-06-2015 06:43 PM
Samario Offline
Last Place Spriter (I wish)
Registered

Oh hey, -more- bugs
You sometimes get psuedo-stuck when crouching (Quint doesn't stand up for about a second after down is released), which is annoying against Wily 6 2nd form
If you die to Wily 6 2nd form, he starts firing at the top-centre of the screen, instead of where you died or straight forward
Projectiles follow you through screen transitions instead of being deleted

and nitpicks
the timer for powerup disappearing is way too short
Turning around when dashing removes the dash
For Quint's advancedness, he doesn't have an Energy Balancer?
Wily 2's theme from MMII isn't used for Wily 7 in this game
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2015 09:46 PM by Samario.)
05-06-2015 08:34 PM
DarkSamus993 Offline
Keeper of the Archives
SIBRE Alpha Testers

Rhythm Co-Admin Award
-Build 29 Bugs/Glitches-

1) In Wood Man's stage during the fall themed portion. If you climb up the ladder (leading to the 4 weapon energy capsules) and fall back down, the Robbit comes over from the previous screen
2) Quint's teleport animation continues to play when you pause while teleporting into a level (when you unpause he'll have landed on the ground).
3) The bees that the Have "Su" Bee spawn can still follow you up the ladder at the start of hard man's stage (there is also a later part of the stage where they appear again and the same thing can happen).
4) The Wily logo above Top Man's boss doors uses a glitched palette (using the force beams palette, flashes like them too).
5) Pickelman Bull Spawn/De-Spawn glitch I think I killed it just as it went off screen but the bottom part of its body stuck around, and the wheel of course is still animated (you can still take damage from it and your bullets bounce off of it as usual).
6) Wily Stage 1 Blue Devil boss door gllitch - seems to only occur when jumping though the middle of the door. Jump too high or walk through the door and it keeps you in the room.
7) Wily Stage 3 Me Gado boss door glitch - at least it keeps you in the room this time.
8) Pausing while being teleported (boss rematch capsules) causes the game to replay the teleport animation again (you can keep repeating this until you let the animation fully play). This also works after beating a boss (rematch phase only, doesn't work any other time, I think).
9) In Wily Stage 6, at the part with the blue Hammer Joes, the glitch with the ice projectiles spawning multiple instances seems to be fixed. However, there seems to be a new glitch to replace it here. The ice projectiles can follow you through the screen transition if you fall down, as well as up (screen transitioned when an icicle was just below me, it disappeared in the transition, I got hit by nothing when the screen finished transitioning).
10) Quint's after-images still appear if you dash as you jump into the Time Skimmer after beating Wily.
11) Your projectile can follow you though the boss door transitions, (the pause for the boss intro, but continue moving when that's over) allowing starting hits. Sometimes (such as the Fortress bosses) you can hit them before their into even starts.

-Thoughts-

Quint's movement, specifically the dash has been greatly improved. You definitely have more control of it now.

Fixing being able to move before a boss intro starts will fix several of these bugs. If Quint is locked in place, you can't do stuff like the boss door glitches.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2015 11:28 PM by DarkSamus993.)
05-06-2015 11:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Stove Guy Offline
Registered

- The jellyfish enemies in Wood Man's stage can follow you through screen transitions.
- Magnet Missile also homes in on offscreen enemies.

Edit: I haven't noticed that there was a new version. Magnet Missile and the jellyfish enemies still behave the same.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2015 10:43 AM by The Stove Guy.)
05-06-2015 11:47 PM
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

Not a Glitch? (Click to View)
Dat tiny crouch-box.

06-06-2015 01:32 AM
Samario Offline
Last Place Spriter (I wish)
Registered

Stove Guy: that level design was changed in build 29 to remove that 1-tile gap, presumably to stop things like that happening
are you sure you're using the latest version?
06-06-2015 07:55 AM
DoomManFTW Offline
Still Here
Registered

I found a small glitch in version 29,if if the last "wily map theme plays"when wily goes to the space ship and you go to the file options and reset the theme still plays,I'll look more into it cause I am not sure if after the theme ends it goes back to normal or if this can happen with the normal wily map music.

And another suggestion,whenever you get a weapon it should be demonstrated,if it wasn't for the original games,I would've not know about aiming the hard knuckle up and down,aiming straight up and down the leaf shield or with magnet missle I would most likely try to actually hit the enemy instead of miss it and find out what the weapon is special for,at least I would not find out that much early,of course at least magnet missle's demonstration should have nothing when you shoot a magnet missle,but then some flying enemies appear up and down so you can demonstrate how magnet missle homes on 90 degrees angles on enemies.

And I just found out,again with 29,in airman's stage there is that health power up laying on the platforms,if you do not get it and the platforms dissapear the health still stays there floating,it should rather fall down somehow,and in the screen right after that if you keep on dashing without trying to kill the birds the last bird's egg explodes in the air instead of doing it on the ground,and sometimes if you dash and jump after walking of the edge in the room right until the airman fight,jumping so you're in like the top of the door,sometimes it makes it so you stay in air like on nothing but then goes to normal,got this to work once so I don't know if that was something rare.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2015 09:55 AM by DoomManFTW.)
06-06-2015 09:40 AM
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

(06-06-2015 09:40 AM)DoomManFTW Wrote:  I found a small glitch in version 29,if if the last "wily map theme plays"when wily goes to the space ship and you go to the file options and reset the theme still plays,I'll look more into it cause I am not sure if after the theme ends it goes back to normal or if this can happen with the normal wily map music.
Actually, if you hit the Reset button (or use the File menu to reset the game) at any time any music is playing, that tune will continue playing through the "Sprites INC Present" screen, story cutscene sequence, and title screen rather than the usual silence then title music. But as soon at you get to the Start/Continue/Options screen, it clears itself right up.

This has also happened in other Sprites INC Multimedia Fusion 2 games, such as Mega Man Christmas Carol REMIX, if I remember correctly.

06-06-2015 10:28 AM
DoomManFTW Offline
Still Here
Registered

Again,don't know if it is a bug or intentional,but after beating the game again just so I can see myself in the credits(thank you guys so much by the way,first time such thing has happened to me Angel),after the part where wily comes in the same timeline as normal megaman and he bows etc.,suddenly"______.exe has stopped working"...
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2015 01:56 PM by DoomManFTW.)
06-06-2015 01:56 PM
The Stove Guy Offline
Registered

- Skipping the small Hot Dog makes the sound of him shooting loop.
- Powerups can fall through spikes
- Top Man is quite exploitable:

Attached File(s) Image(s)

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2016 02:06 AM by The Stove Guy.)
06-06-2015 04:16 PM
MarcDWyz Offline
Regular
Registered

Live stream Quint's Revenge versus race against Zan Sidera on right now! http://www.twitch.tv/marcdwyz
06-06-2015 10:53 PM
Joseph Collins Away
Postman
SIBRE Alpha Testers

I got to watch the second-half of Marc 'n Zan's race... and they discovered and/or rediscovered some interesting glitches:
- *New* The lives still use two numbers in Wily Stage 4.
- The penultimate boss still fires upward if you die to its second form. (Already noted elsewhere.)
- *New* If you beat the penultimate boss and then lose all your lives, once you continue, the game puts you on the final stage.

Also, Zan had some suggestions that might be interesting...
- More disappearing/reappearing blocks!! Since the game currently has none. (Magnetman, Needleman, and Wily Final in Mega Man II GB had popping blocks.)
- Magnetman's attack pattern is too close to his original. Zan suggested making him fire Magnet Missiles while using his Magnetic Field move. Or something like that.
- And of course, both Zan and Marc agree that Sakugarne should be a weapon/utility item, though given how it works now, I'm not sure how that'd go. It was kind of terrible in Mega Man II GB.

07-06-2015 02:18 AM
Lamda Offline
Ace of Spades
Registered

Roll Caskett AwardTempo AwardRubber Mega Man AwardChiptune AwardPixel Master AwardAce AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorC^2 Super Moderator AwardIris AwardDoc Robot Award
Playing the latest version, and I've found:

-Dashing into a view-change can and does result in weird spawning if there is a block at the location you dashed to during the transition (easiest instance is in Wood Man's stage just before the first BIG dog (not the puppy); if you dash into the "room" he's in, Quint hits that nearby wall and shifts to the top of it immediately).

-The capsule-destroying bit in the tutorial level will sometimes leave a static explosion sprite hanging. This appears to be random.

-The E-Tank in Metal's stage can be farmed by getting a game over and restarting the stage (I don't know if it can be done on other stages, though). I really don't like that I have to report this one. Big Grin

-If the Leaf Shield is activated, two things happen. One, the sound persists even in the menu; and two, if the weapon is changed through the menu, the sound still loops even without the shield being present. Re-selecting and using the Leaf Shield resets the noise and stops it, but it's still quite buggering.

-The "small enemy bullet/teleport-in land" sound seemingly plays at random, even if there are no enemies present that would use it, or any enemies at all. I think perhaps it's enemies in previous or upcoming views that aren't deactivating properly or something, if I had to guess. It does not do this when the menu is pulled up, but the sound playing still remains after exiting it.

-The Dr. Wily emblem before Top Man's room flashes the same colors as the Quickman lasers. Not sure if this is deliberate or not, reporting it just in case.

-After beating Magnet Man, gravity shifts that were present during his explosion still occur until Quint hits a wall. Following this, after running to the center of the room, he does a weird two-frame jerk of his running animation before teleporting away. This doesn't appear to have any adverse affect beyond a graphical glitch.

-I got the first Pogo of Doom in Wily 1, immediately after a Crash nuking finished up. Two Pogos of Doom dropped.

-The armadillos don't die if they roll onto spikes; they just shake in place (Wily 2).

-The shadow of Matt's foot remains overlaying the floor tiles after you beat him.

-Game froze after I went to teleport out of my last RM refight. Had to reset. Might be a random freeze.

-If you change screens while/after a Rocket Met fires, the rocket follows you after a few seconds.

-In the final stage, just after the spike drops, all those Tellies spawn from nowhere. Not sure if deliberate.

I'll update this post as necessary, and whoops-sorry if I've posted already-reported bugs.

Quote:Game making in 6 steps:
1: Get assets and program
2: Smash the two together until stuff happens
3: Beat your face into your keyboard when stuff breaks/doesn't want to work
4: Continue beating your face into your keyboard until you've smashed the right code
5: Rejoice that it works and move on to the next thing
6: Go back to Step 2 and repeat
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2015 10:32 AM by Lamda.)
07-06-2015 05:53 AM