Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burning in Hell
Sprites Inc Contest #6: Rockman Online Extraveganza!
Congrats! You guys have until December 4th at 23:59 CST to finish your entries. This gives you an extra week to finish your entries. This also allows me to segway into the Christmas contest that you'll see once this one is done.
Welcome to the sixth Sprites Inc contest! This week we'll be exploring the world of Rockman Online!
This week you'll be taking pre-existing characters from the Rockman and Rockman X worlds and spriting them a new design in a style not their own. With this come a few stipulations: 1) Only ONE layer of colour for non-Robot Masters/Mavericks; 2) the new design MUST contain some semblence of their original design, examples include Blues's visor or shield; 3) you MUST include at least TWO attacks in addition to their static pose, this means things like the alternate weaponry for Rock, Blues, Forte, X, Zero, or Axl, or different attacks for the Robot Masters and Mavericks; 4) you MUST list the character's name, their new style, the new bittage,the style they came from originally, and the attacks shown.
I will be holding you to these very harshly. If you fail to meet these, you will get points off.
To help anyone who can't find the names of the attacks they chose, here's the effing Rockman Wikia. Learn it, use it, fucking live it.
When I say "Different style" I mean "Different style." That means if you take Blues from RM4 then you must turn him into either RM7; RM8, this includes RM&F; RMX1-3; or RMX4-6. RMX7-CM can not be used as they are polygonal styles.
Scoring has been updated as such:
- Style: This catagory is worth 100 points total. When I look for style I look for whether or not you kept within the style that has either been imposed as a part of the contest, or that you claimed to be spriting in.
- Theme: Theme is worth 100 points total. When I take a look at your sprite(s) for the first time, am I able to tell they are in accordance with the week's theme? If so, then you'll get these points easily. If not, then you'll not get many.
- Colour: Colour is also worth 100 points. Colour is a very easy catagory to get points in. All you must do is stick to the general colour scheme of the theme (If any) as well as the colour limitations of the style you chose or has been chosen for you.
- Shading: This takes into account light source, and consistency in your sprites. This is worth 100 points.
- Shape: This takes into account the overall shape of the sprites, and the shapes of each individual part. This also accounts for 100 of your points.
- Misc: Misc is worth up to an extra 200 points. In this category I'm looking for multiple things that aren't covered in the other categories. If you were to sprite above and beyond the specified poses or if you make any poses beyond a static pose, you'll likely get points here.
Remember that this contest is ONLY one week long. That means that come 11:59PM CST (GMT -6) on next Sunday I'm closing all further entries and only the most recent entries, update-wise, will be accepted. Any entries submitted after the indicated time will not be accepted. This is a hard rule that will not change, no matter the sob story you PM me.
Last edited by Don Kalypso : 26-11-10 at 02:57
Reason: Botched the title