Well I'll be a son of a mongoose... - December 05th, 2012 - 00:19(GMT)
So about that game ending glitch... - July 17th, 2012 - 15:25(GMT)
Well... I updated again. - July 15th, 2012 - 23:49(GMT)
This should hopefully be the last ever version of this game, providing no-one sends me anymore game breaking glitches or general weirdness that really should be corrected.
Feel free to do so.
Onwards to other things!
The "Joypad not found" 'glitch' hasn't been fixed. This is because this isn't a glitch.
This is your PC missing Direct X 9.0c! That's part of the game's minimum requirements!
Read the FAQ - it can be helpful!
I might look into some other method of reading controller input for future games.
NOTE: The game now uses Direct 3D9 to run, rather than an earlier version of Direct X. It should speed up the game. It's also compatible with Fraps now, for what it's worth. Sigh.
Easter Eggs Added:
*NOTE - You can copy and paste the save file from a previous version into this one to not have to re-beat the game.*
* Defeating Wily unlocks an additional (and requested!) option in the music menu. Defeating him on Hard mode unlocks another!
* There is an additional segment to the game when playing on Hard Mode.
It was originally going to be there.. was going to go into CC3.. and since it's being dropped from that game,
I figured I might as well put it BACk into CC2. You could say it's a rather devilish easter egg.
* If the game has already been beaten on at least normal, typing in ALBERT on the title screen will to go straight to Wily.
* The game now saves your screensize, sound options and control setup. Aren't I nice? Wasn't too painful to put in.
* It is now possible to access "WUT" mode. And i'm not telling you how. Just be wary - im not even sure it's possible.
* The game now runs on my brand new power-house PC.
NO seriously, this game refused to run properly on my PC. The specifics below:
* The game seemed to HATE overclocked PC's... that's been fixed. I don't even why this was an issue in the first place.. but it works now!
* The "Cannot load boss" glitch has been fixed. The same fix has been applied to the game not loading Save files.
* The MM1 style pause-resume glitch has been fixed. You can no longer 1-shot bosses with the bonus weapons.
* Protoman's Carry item now uses the correct colours. It's no longer.. er.. grey.
* The Skullman ghost works correctly in both directions now. I think.
* Want's attacks now behave correctly when the game is paused.
* Tiny Tim now behaves correctly when paused.
* The game no longer locks up when pressing pause whilst taking damage. I think...
Behind the Scenes Changes:
* How bosses work have been recoded from scratch. This took a long time to do, and you won't notice any difference, but it had to be done!
Any future edits in this engine will be a lot frickin' easier.
* A couple of minor graphical glitches have been fixed.
* Skullman now fires new projectiles.
* Menu has been updated slightly.
* Some achievement names have been changed. (.. hover over them with your mouse. Yes I know it's stupid.)
* Scrooge now has a weakness with the regular weapons.... No I'm not sure how I missed that one.
* One or two weaknesses may have been changed. This is mostly by accident and is in part thanks to the boss-recoding.
* Easy mode damage data has been rebalanced.
* Skullman's Ghost has been buffed. Some bosses are even weak to it!
* Wily's achievement... has a few little extra graphical flairs to it.
* Want's secondary achievement now completely refills your health when triggered.
* Want's secondary achievements, Scrooge's primary achievement and Wily's achievements now have graphical hints in-game.
* Play on Hard Mode. Seriously.
* You can no longer pause the game when getting hit. This was to fix a recurring game ending glitch. This only lasts for a split second.
* Start with the 4 weapons - Beat the game on normal or higher.
* Start with bonus weapons - Beat the game on hard.
* Start at endgame with 3 E-tanks - Beat the game on hard.
Bonus Sound Option:
* Carol of the Spirits Redux - Beat the game on normal or higher.
* Carol of the Spirits Retro - Beat the game on hard.
Sidenote: More music is unlocked in the Sound Test by beating the game.
That's all folks! Should be no more updates for this thing.
Achievements - March 12th, 2012 - 15:13(GMT)
* Scrooge now has an additional achievement. This brings the total to 8.
* Achievements are now saved when unlocked. You can "re-unlock" them to gain bonus score on any run of the game.
* There is an achievements screen which gives vague hints how to unlock them, as well as displaying what's unlocked.
* Pointless Soundtest screen added.
* Various Weapon Get screen quotes have been changed.
* Tiny Tim's achievement now nets you 100,000 points, rather than 10,000.
* Game Clear message updated.
* Explosive weapons left on screen are removed when the game is paused.
* Quickselect removed from Xbox Controller. It was causing.. problems, mostly since I don't really know how the right stick works.
* Unlocking Wily's achievement no long renders the game unwinnable.
* Tiny Tim's achievement now unlocks correctly for Protoman.
* Some additional value are reset upon resetting the game.
* The player should no longer appear in the wall when holding buttons during teleport.
* Bass should no longer transform into Treble Boost when holding certain buttons during teleport.
* Various Weapon Get screen quotes have fixed typos.
* Fixed minor animation error on Rush and Bass in intro.
* Solarman's flare now reacts corrrectly when Solarman is on a Conveyor belt.
* Resetting on score screen no longer speeds up all music in the game.
* Fixed glitch where you couldn't select or use the E-Tank.
* Menu is overall less picky about selecting the additional items.
* You can now select the E-Tank, W-Tank and Escape unit when playing on a Xbox Controller. (How'd I miss that one!?)
In the process of updating! - March 11th, 2012 - 14:58(GMT)
Version Released - March 08th, 2012 - 00:20(GMT)
There is no additional endings programmed yet.
* Score added to the game.
* High Score table has been added to the game. The ability to view daily and latest players is also avaible.
* There is a new Get Weapon screen. It now contains demostrations of the weapons.
* A.. certain theme music makes a cameo appearance.
* There are hidden achievements, which grant bonus score by performing bizzare actions in-game.
I'm not telling you what they are!
* There are one of these per level, with the exception of Want's stage.. where there are two.
* Introduction music has been changed slightly.
* New musical pieces for Get Weapon and Victory.
* Dr Wily Phase 2 has a new piece of music.
* You can no longer pause the game on Stage Select.
* Health no longer drops on Hard Mode.
* The extra E-Tank in the stage select no longer spawns on Hard Mode.
* Wily is now less vulernable to his weakness on Hard Mode.
* Ignorance is now harder on Hard Mode.
* Candy Cane has a altered colour scheme.
* Candy Cane now works like it did in Christmas Carol 1.
* Bass's dash physics have been redone. He can now stop mid-air.
* You can no longer use Exit during a boss fight.
* Subtle change made to the ending.
* E-Tanks and w-Tanks no longer boot you out of the Weapon Select.
* W-Tanks no longer restore health.
* W-Tanks can no longer be used if the player's weapon energy is full.
* The "Player can no longer move" glitch has been fixed.
* The "Player being pushed into floor" via Want's door has been fixed.
* Wily being unable to fire if left alive too long has been fixed.
* Wily can no longer be defeated whilst still in his first phase.
* Wilyvania exclusive power ups such as money and hearts have been removed. Er, whoops.
* Various typos fixed.
* Mysterious Rush energy drain in Scrooge's level fixed.
* Bass can now fire 4 shots in Tiny Tim's level.
* Want's cane collision mask has been fixed.
* Ignorance's facial animation now works correctly for all weapons.
* Minor art fixes to Bob Cratchit.
* You can no longer pause the game or move Megaman when you're not supposed to. Hopefully!
* Knockback coding redone, hopefully fixed the glitch that invovled the player getting pushed into the wall.
* Rush, Treble, and additional weapons now respond correctly to moving platforms/conveyor belts.
* Cheat code display at the end of the game now displays the correct command. Whoops, sorry. ^_^;